• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on these credit card cases?

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
A bit surprised to see this kind of comment here on SF...

I stand by it. I'm all for trying to improve how we dress and what we wear but in my opinion, spending more then $20 on something that sees at most 1 min of daylight per day is utter nonsense. On top of that, the 1 min it's out, your gripping it and hiding it.

I'm not saying you should go out and buy one with a big Red Target on it... but if it's plain brown or black, it will do the job just fine.

If you disagree with me...well I can't help you. A shrink might be able to solve your low self-esteem issues though...

If you own a Louis Vuitton card holder with the damier pattern on it...well, you're a douche.
If you paid full retail for it... just get the word douche tattooed on your forehead.

My opinion of course....

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
My opinion of course....

And it will change when your post count hits +200. You have much to learn grasshopper

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stand by it. I'm all for trying to improve how we dress and what we wear but in my opinion, spending more then $20 on something that sees at most 1 min of daylight per day is utter nonsense. On top of that, the 1 min it's out, your gripping it and hiding it.

LOL. I guess you are right. If my credit card holder were a USD20 target one, I might also feel tempted to hide it while it's out...

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe you. I suppose it depends on where you draw the line. I like my fancy card case (I posted a picture of it earlier). Things like boxer briefs and undershirts are where I draw my line. $120 Zimmerli underwear is crazy. I buy my Calvin Kleins at TJ Maxx. My balls can't tell the difference.
smile.gif

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I believe you. I suppose it depends on where you draw the line. I like my fancy card case (I posted a picture of it earlier). Things like boxer briefs and undershirts are where I draw my line. $120 Zimmerli underwear is crazy. I buy my Calvin Kleins at TJ Maxx. My balls can't tell the difference.
smile.gif

I liked it too.

And I agree that it all depends on where you draw the line. The same can be said about ties. And shoes. And suits. And cars. And watches. And...

My wife fully agrees that I should draw the line for credit card holders at USD 20...

She also considers that I should draw the line for shoe as at EUR 200. After all, that is what she seems to do...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about this Trafalgar case for a meager $36 ?

3120TF60_299_cl.jpg
3120TF60_299_alt1_cl.jpg

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
How about this Trafalgar case for a meager $36 ?

3120TF60_299_cl.jpg
3120TF60_299_alt1_cl.jpg

It is not that it looks bad but... still a bit boring. I really think that a credit card case is an item where one can afford to go a bit beyond ones normal, more conservative, limits. I mean, you do not have to haul it out during the business meeting.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you click on "Saddleback Leather Company" at the top of the page, they have some pretty practical looking ones. I sort of like the one that's just one big pouch with a notch at the bottom so you can push stuff out.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by epa
It is not that it looks bad but... still a bit boring. I really think that a credit card case is an item where one can afford to go a bit beyond ones normal, more conservative, limits. I mean, you do not have to haul it out during the business meeting.
However, if you use it to hold business cards.... I'm sticking with my $500 Alligator card case RangerP.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics