• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Gucci wingtip loafer

By the Way

Reaction score
Hello,

I found a pair of brown Gucci wingtip loafers on the internet. They were a display pair so they've been reduced in price considerably down to £130. I wouldn't have thought their quality would be particularly affected by this. There's a link to some pictures of them here although they are in black here.
http://www.bluefly.com/Gucci-black-l...201/detail.fly

I'm 21 and at university so, although I recognise that in the grand scheme of things this isn't a lot to spend on shoes, it would be quite a bit for me to spend. Nevertheless I assume that spending a bit more will result in a shoe that would last longer but I'd appreciate feedback as I have not purchased a quality shoe before.

Additionally I found the same shoe on this website
http://www.bridalwave.tv/2008/11/gucci_cognac_le.html

It appears to be suggesting that this would be an appropriate shoe to get married in. Given that they are a brown loafer I had rather thought that they would be most appropriate for casual wear although I did think I might wear them with my grey suit for less formal but still suit-worthy occasions.

Any thoughts regarding the price, quality or appropriateness of the shoe would be appreciated.

I should perhaps stress that although Gucci may not be hugely popular on this forum it would certainly be a step up in quality for me and I would be unlikely to find a reasonably priced good shoe in my size (UK 12) otherwise.

Thanks

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're not bad. I use to own a few pairs of them. The last is pretty slim and sleek. They are blake stitched, so if you are planning on getting them resoled make sure you have a cobbler who can do it.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i actually think gucci shoes are ideal for the 'superlative' shoe for the real world out there (not sf) and would be perfect to get married in (if you dont plan on the traditional black tuxedo and patent shoe) those shoes are great and the price is good too. gucci puts last season shoes at 40% off initiallly and then whatever is left goes to as low as 50% off at the outlets but still would amount to 250 bux per shoe for regular calf shoes. the rest you can get cheaper used or on ebay but usually the popular designs go fast by the 40% off time.

im still looking for the dark brown wingtip spectator loafer with brown suede vamp that was out in the fall/winter 05 season. i would kill to get that in a size 9 somewhere.

i say check it out once. buy it and if you live to regret the purchase that is far better than passing the special wedding occasion without venturing into something like this with a great opportunity in hand for a good price. you never know what you may have missed. at least with the former you will go forth knowing better what you want in the future.

gucci is one of the designers out there that consistently make some good shoes. not to the superlative construction and materials standards of JL, EG, CJ of course but still fun shoes to wear.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
gucci is one of the designers out there that consistently make some good shoes. not to the superlative construction and materials standards of JL, EG, CJ of course but still fun shoes to wear.
I tend to agree with this. I've only ever had very few pairs of Gucci shoes, but they have lasted a long time and one pair is among my favorite shoes.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wingtip?
confused.gif

By the Way

Reaction score
Cheers for the feedback. Should probably mention I'm not actually getting married myself but came across that wedding website through some wild googling. I do have call to wear a suit on occasion but don't yet have a job that requires one. I'll probably wear the shoes with jeans or trousers for the most part if I use them to replace my current cheap loafers.

Originally Posted by KObalto
Wingtip?
confused.gif

Just realised the first link is actually to a slightly different shoe. Ignore that that one then.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenncoke