• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is LOAFERing on my mind....

DP92

Reaction score
Get it?

Anyway, I am in the market for a new pair of loafers; penny or tassel I do not discriminate.

I want a nice looking pair that I will wear a few times a week, then throw away, so nothing too high-end.

Things to note, I am in the UK so they have to be readily available here.

My current suggestions are possible Weejuns, H by Hudson < read bad things about their quality, possibly the Classic Sebago if I can find a pair cheap enough (damn UK).

Any comments on my suggestions or further option very much appreciated!

Kind regards

DP92

Reaction score
This is a definition of loafer: Person who is generally lazy and likes to sleep in
So if something was loafering that would mean it is being lazy and sleeping in, so this question is being lazy and hanging around in my mind.

I hope this is clear enough for anyone who is struggling with the little play on words :)

atia2

Reaction score
Still don't get it, but no matter...

If you're going to be in London at some point, you may want to look in New & Lingwood on Jermyn Street. Last time I was there (a few weeks ago) they still had some shoes left from their winter sale, the majority of which were loafers. They were heavily discounted, although I wouldn't necessarily characterise these as shoes to throw away. It may be worth phoning ahead to check that the sale stock is still available.

Otherwise, you could do worse than look for a second-hand pair here or on eBay.

DP92

Reaction score
Still don't get it, but no matter...

If you're going to be in London at some point, you may want to look in New & Lingwood on Jermyn Street. Last time I was there (a few weeks ago) they still had some shoes left from their winter sale, the majority of which were loafers. They were heavily discounted, although I wouldn't necessarily characterise these as shoes to throw away. It may be worth phoning ahead to check that the sale stock is still available.

Otherwise, you could do worse than look for a second-hand pair here or on eBay.
Thanks alot for the heads up, I'll have a look online see if I can read up about New & Lingwood, may be worth the journey as I am playing on a trip to London soon. If they are at a throw away price, I'll take em aha, maybe I can spend a little over budget.

I've been looking on Ebay, there is a lovely pair of Crombie tassel loafers on there,£50 starting bidding, anyone interested give them a search, size 11.5, bit too big for me :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads