• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is how shirts should fit!

likeitaloud

Reaction score
I saw this ad in GQ and I just have to say it's the most amazing fit I've ever seen! Of course body complexion plays a large role here but still, pretty impressive.
The-One-Men-Advert.jpg
DG2006.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Magazine pictures (particularly in ads) are typically poor examples of good fit. The guy is posing for the shot, and who knows how many pins and clips there are behind him.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
I saw this ad in GQ and I just have to say it's the most amazing fit I've ever seen! Of course body complexion plays a large role here but still, pretty impressive.
The-One-Men-Advert.jpg

I suppose you mean the shoulders (and only the left side shoulder at that). I dont see whats all that amazing on the fit at the torso. (why is it buckling under his right side chest?)

lmaligaya

Reaction score
photoshop works wonders. mannequins in stores have that fit too with pins in the back. I would be suspicious, but looks good nonetheless

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Magazine pictures (particularly in ads) are typically poor examples of good fit. The guy is posing for the shot, and who knows how many pins and clips there are behind him.
? I'm not sure I get your argument here. He was commenting re: the fit, not whether the fit is 'real', or whether it was representative of that particular shirt.
Originally Posted by FIHTies
I dont see whats all that amazing on the fit at the torso. (why is it buckling under his right side chest?)
Because he's turning to the left. Wear a shirt that fits you well. Now turn your torso. Notice how the chest buckles more opposite to the side you're turning to? Also, he appears to be dropping his R shoulder, which may or may not be intentional. Most right-handed people have dropped R shoulders.
smile.gif

djf881

Reaction score
Why on earth would they hire a guy who has famously poor hygiene and is notoriously bad-smelling to advertise a fragrance?

Also, fairly sure he would not have a full range of arm movement in a shirt that fit that well. I think that would tear in the back if he had to bend over to pick something up off the floor.

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a shirt should be styled on how your built, what style looks good on you and fits jackets, what is appropriate to where you will wear the shirt etc. I think a shirt should fit how Despos measures, does a prototype, lets me wear it, bring it back, measures again after washing and wear to refine once again, and all to get a proper fit.
tounge.gif

I really need to get back over there with that prototype.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads