• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinner clothes for the chubby and tall?

Shawnyboy141

Reaction score
Hello! I am Shawn.

I am a 17 year old male neither here nor there on weight but I do have an issue.

I am 6'5" and decently chubby (I shall upload a photo of my physique)

I do want to look thinner because all my clothes are too large.

They are all in 3XL range because at a time, I was that big but now it just makes me look bigger because it hangs.

My biggest problem is I still have a huge butt but my legs aren't that large.

If pants are my waist, they aren't my height and don't good up all the way and if they are my height, They aren't my waist (too big usually) and brings me back to square one again.

Right now I do have one pair of skinny jeans which I feel I don't look awful in but they are torn to pieces because they are the only pants I feel comfortable in :S

What I want is slim-fitting jeans and Shirts that are long but not wide. (like a long XL or something.)

So if any advice, What would be good clothes to buy?

Thanks in advance!

(Sorry for the stupid photo, Phone is broken so I had to take my recent photo off facebook :S)
((The Shirt is a XXL Slim and I like that but I cant for the life of me find anymore of those ever and those sweat pants are XL but makes my legs looks puffy :S)

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to checkout streetwear and denim as it should be a closer fit to what you're seeking.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are not ready for slim fit until you are where you want to be with your weight and muscle tone. For the time being, you can still achieve a slim appearance with better overall fit. Go for a straight leg in the denim. Entertain the idea of a leather jacket, even a biker jacket. When purchasing shirts make certain that the shoulder seam doesn't hang on the arm but rests on the shoulder line. Whatever you do, avoid outright tight fitting clothes. Also, I agree that you should ask the boys over at SW&D http://www.styleforum.net/f/13/streetwear-and-denim
Welcome to Styleforum.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads