• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking about redoing my style

DavidBlues

Reaction score
Well, I'm 21 and I don't think wearing some torn up Wrangler jeans and a Humble Pie T shirt I bought 3 years ago is going to cut it everywhere anymore. I'd like to keep a kind of hippyish edge to it, but I want to kind of spruce it up you know?

Any ideas of where I should look? I saw one ad in the GQ with Jennifer Aniston on it with an ad (I think it was for a company called Erpo or something like that), but what it had on its website was nothing like what it had in its ad. It was a bit too extreme hippy for me anyway.

This is more or less what I'm looking for:

Can't do the hair because I'm thinning out on top, but c'est la vie (besides I have yet to hear a complaint about my other genetic features ;D). Obviously I'm not going to go around with a jacket and no shirt on, too many jealous boyfriends I'd have to deal with. I also want to throw some western stuff in there too (think snap front shirts and maybe cowboy boots).

Lastly, I'd like to keep this on the inexpensive side, I only have a part time, minimum wage job. Beats the alternative, but still puts a leash on my endeavors. $50 max is probably what I can afford for a shirt, $70 for jeans/pants but I'd rather not let it get that high if I can avoid it.

Any idea on brands or stores I should look at? Also, does any body know of anyone who makes lightweight jeans? I live in FL and in about a month it's going to be hard to wear anything but shorts around here.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics