• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
What did he post to elicit your initial wrath?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

The Oatmeal is so overrated.

It's well-known enough to be not just overrated, but "so overrated"? I've heard of it, but only because once a year or so I stumble across and example of someone re-posting or commenting on something from it.

Then again, I'm old and out of touch.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For a webcomic, he doesn't actually publish that many comics (they aren't on a schedule).

I don't know if I'd call them overrated. They get spread around pretty wildly when good new ones come out...but I don't see the bad ones unless I go looking (although I don't subscribe to their facebook page...I don't know why Tagut would since it is pretty well known that he holds opinions like the one Tagut was challenging him on).

For example, this one sucks. I have never seen it shared before:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/how_draw_hands

But I like the ones where he picks on poor grammatical habits or praises the virtues of Tesla...and those are the ones that seem to get shared:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon
Are they mostly there for people who already know how to use apostrophes to circle jerk about? Yes, of course...but everybody loves a good circle jerk every now and then.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

...I don't know why Tagut would since it is pretty well known that he holds opinions like the one Tagut was challenging him on).

Presumably that's why. Some people need foils for their persecution complexes.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. Called it. It's all about hating the Jews.

644386_10152861055884373_5043750851367030056_n.jpg

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm confused...

I first thought the George Clinton and the Funk Parliament had just reformed.

You're not familiar with Hebrew War Machine? I was one of the lucky ones to catch their 2003 sold-out Wembley show (arena, not stadium) when they almost came to blows with Zionist Conspiracy on stage.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging Pio. The stars have aligned for you. It seems Bikini Coupon Girl has a wholly unexpected skill.

Whos on call of duty advanced warfare on ps3??????? Lets link up!! Im something like a beast and need some good ppl to play with..these rookies suck!!!

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kira

Reaction score
It is interesting to know that people actually believe most of these outlandish claims.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur