• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things your dumb friends post on facebook

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really don't know. You just got to loosen up, man. Life's too short to be writing every post as if your old high school English teacher is looking over your shoulder and you need at least a "B" or she'll fail you.

Then please show me the ways of the Neo.

I want to know what love is! I want you to show me!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First off, change that avy. No one wants to look at an old white guy while reading your posts (aside from Conne)

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First off, change that avy. No one wants to look at an old white guy while reading your posts (aside from Conne)

In this culture of Steve Jobs worship, would it kill anyone to acknowledge my ironic, contrarian idolization of John Sculley?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

and, by "Dumb Friends", I really mean me.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KFC has been a part of our American traditions for many years. Many people, day in and day out, eat at KFC religiously. Do they really know what they are eating?

During a recent study of KFC done at the University of New Hampshire, they found some very upsetting facts. First of all, has anybody noticed that just recently, the company has changed their name? Kentucky Fried Chicken has become KFC. Does anybody know why? We thought the real reason was because of the "FRIED" food issue. It's not. The reason why they call it KFC is because they can not use the word chicken anymore. Why?

KFC does not use real chickens. They actually use genetically manipulated organisms. These so called "chickens" are kept alive by tubes inserted into their bodies to pump blood and nutrients throughout their structure. They have no beaks, no feathers, and no feet. Their bone structure is dramatically shrunk to get more meat out of them. This is great for KFC because they do not have to pay so much for their production costs. There is no more plucking of the feathers or the removal of the beaks and feet. The government has told them to change all of their menus so they do not say chicken anywhere. If you look closely you will notice this. Listen to their commercials, I guarantee you will not see or hear the word chicken. I find this matter to be very disturbing. I hope people will start to realize this and let other people know.

Please forward this message to as many people as you can. Together we can make KFC start using real chicken again.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to send messages with a link to snopes to friends who posted things like that so as not to embarrass them publicly. After the same people posted the same obvious fabrications repeatedly, I realized public shaming is the only way to stop this.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I used to send messages with a link to snopes to friends who posted things like that so as not to embarrass them publicly. After the same people posted the same obvious fabrications repeatedly, I realized public shaming is the only way to stop this.

I've found that when people have found an urban myth that they really want to believe, no amount of Snopes will sway them.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got one a couple/few years back that was about how Snopes is a left-wing conspiracy and can't be trusted.

Wasn't sure where to go to discredit that one...

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please forward this message to as many people as you can. Together we can make KFC start using real chicken again.

This is just basically the old "Animal 57" urban legend from usenet. It's always so odd when some piece of arcana from the internet's past pops up in Web 2.0 social media sites.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy when someone post something similar but political in nature, a picture of a young GWB or Obama high fiving with Bin Laden, you show them the original photos and how it was manipulated, and all they can respond with is "Well it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination for this to be real, which is telling."

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kind of want the KFC legend to be real, if only for the small chance that they break free, turn on their handlers and engineer some kind of Planet of the Apes- style dystopia

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads