• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine parents use corporal punishment because they either hate their kids, or love their kids and want to teach them lessons in the shitties ways.

That's why my kids have no fear of me ever using it.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am an independent. Here's food for thought: Nobody I've ever voted for has won and the only political candidate I've ever given money to is a Democrat.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kids were brainwashed by their hippie/veg/vegan peers. They eat pretty normally but fast food is a bridge too far. My son hasn't touched a piece of candy since middle school. God knows what trauma is at the root of that.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t get how irrationally annoyed i get when i read the Moe’s menu. Those pithy little names try too hard to be witty and are just not. They’re hardly the only establishment that tries to be funny and is not, but they annoy me more.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still mad as ******* hell at the virus still spreading like wildfire. Literally WTF? How?
Unknown.jpeg

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get gun culture, anymore. For a moment, I toyed with it, and I thought it was kind of "neat"; for a moment, I had some nice firearms and would go shooting at the range with the boys. So much of the rhetoric is so annoying throughout the whole scene, like "You gotta protect your family". I sold the expensive ones as I needed cash, and the blowback was like "You don't care about your family!!!!" I just don't understand many aspects of the culture. I don't understand the people I know who spend thousands every year on firearms, thousands on rounds, but then never have any ******* money to do anything else.

If the government collapses, and you have 10,000 rounds with you, how are you better off? Going to stake up in a ****** little brick-veneered house? Everyone I know in the firearms circle is overweight and none of them have any other survival skills other than buying ammo.

#triggered

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As with everything, people take it too far and ruin it. People are the worst.

I own firearms and they’re fun to shoot and of course i have them to protect my family. Maybe the only thing I’m militant about is handling them competently and safely. But whenever i need to buy ammo or something i have to deal with the people at my gun shop who are highly knowledgeable (which is why i keep going), but borderline scary in their fixation with guns, the 2nd amendment and all the peripheral things that seem to come with it (pickup trucks, xenophobia, supporting Trump).

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get gun culture, anymore. For a moment, I toyed with it, and I thought it was kind of "neat"; for a moment, I had some nice firearms and would go shooting at the range with the boys. So much of the rhetoric is so annoying throughout the whole scene, like "You gotta protect your family". I sold the expensive ones as I needed cash, and the blowback was like "You don't care about your family!!!!" I just don't understand many aspects of the culture. I don't understand the people I know who spend thousands every year on firearms, thousands on rounds, but then never have any ******* money to do anything else.

If the government collapses, and you have 10,000 rounds with you, how are you better off? Going to stake up in a ****** little brick-veneered house? Everyone I know in the firearms circle is overweight and none of them have any other survival skills other than buying ammo.

#triggered
I grew up up in a culture where everyone owned guns but I was never threatened or saw anyone else threatened with them, ever. Guns were for providing food. If you weren't man enough deal with your problems with you fists or your brains you were looked on as a chickenshit coward. Then I went on a vacation with my Uncle Sam to a place where everyone had guns and everyone was using them to try to kill each other. The stupidity of that was staggering. I just personally try to steer a wide path around stupid cowardly people.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

#triggered
Different people collect different things. A lot of my friends think I'm stupid for spending so much money on shoes but whatever. If they want to spend money on guns then I'm fine with it as long as they're not going broke trying to collect them.

I do think though that the people who want to open carry everywhere like they're Wyatt Earp in the OK Corral and then get pissed off when Starbucks or the local grocery store doesn't allow them to open carry are pretty stupid.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple shotguns and rifles. The majority of my friends and family probably own at least 10 each.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
But whenever i need to buy ammo...

Teh Walmarts. WWB (Winchester White Box) for target ammo. They put it on sale twice a year so I stock up on 9mm and .40 cal for my handguns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads