• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two people were promoted over me today. Both with less tenure than I. In a way, I am happy; the message of "We're not interested in keeping you here" has been received loud and clear. But my blood is boiling. I don't get angry, ever, but right now the temptation to punch something is overwhelming.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Two people were promoted over me today. Both with less tenure than I. In a way, I am happy; the message of "We're not interested in keeping you here" has been received loud and clear. But my blood is boiling. I don't get angry, ever, but right now the temptation to punch something is overwhelming.

Are you actively looking for a new gig? Do you not like your job in general, or do you not like it because you feel you're not getting the recognition you deserve?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Based on what you've posted about your job it sounds as though the feeling is mutual.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm expecting a Fedex delivery so I've been delaying my dog's walk and he's starting to get impatient with me.

+1, besides the dog part. i just want my damn shirts already. im the one getting impatient. grrrrr

I just got a new bed. ******* expensive, they are.

yes they are.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the bed is about 7 years old but it's a pillow top So I don't think I can flip it over. I have never rotated the bed do maybe it's my fault.

I have considered buying a temperpedic but I'm not convinced yet.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

The real crime here is if Dems don't promote based on tenure vs. performance who the hell is gonna?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume it's partially because I'm looking to get out of here and they know that. There has never been an issue with the work I turn in.

Piob, :laugh:

Last edited:

KurtS90

Reaction score
I have considered buying a temperpedic but I'm not convinced yet.

I am not happy with mine, sending it back soon...

I made a thread about it while back, will update it tonight after I reply tour PM.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry for the long post that follows.

Over the last couple of years, I've seen students complain on my teaching evaluations that I make them use exactly my wording when answering exam questions, and that I should let them use their own wording. This frustrates me, mainly because it reflects trends in education that I think are very harmful for the students. Of course I don't make them use exactly my wording, but I do require them to express the ideas very precisely. Very often they don't do that, but they don't realize it. For example, I tell them that cognitivism is the meta-ethical theory according to which moral predicates express something objectively true or false about the subject term of the judgment. On their exams, they write "cognitivism is objective." These two sentences do not say the same thing--not even close. But I know what the students are thinking: they remember that in some vague way cognitivism "goes with" objective. Much of their education has taught them that thinking is just juxtaposing concepts--knowing which concepts go together. That, I suspect, is a product of their having been tested their whole lives by means of multiple choice exams. (I had a couple of students write on their evals that my class was the first one they'd ever taken that had essay exams!) It's become clear to me that they literally do not detect a difference in the meaning of "cognitivism is objective" and the longer, more detailed sentence. That is very troubling.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You should say this on day 1 of every class.

Understanding a concept, and memorizing a phrase are two different things.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Fairly clearly, and not too surprisingly, they do not understand the longer, more detailed sentence, which is rife with jargon and 'terms of art'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads