• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Whoof. That’s really hard. I hope he recovers quickly and you have lots of time together.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I thought your son was like four or five years old. Is he older than that?
Wife got him watching too many "Power Ranger" type shows in the morning. to distract him.
At his gymnastics class? (My idea) He is beating the **** out of an older boy. and i had to intervene. (seperate them) so he tries to fight me. lol. I just picked him up. and placed him where he should be.

Wife runs up and says i went too far. No, He is here to participate, not distract.
he shouldn't be punchin and kickin. where did he learn this?

-you looked pissed off.

**** yes, our boy is a troublemaker? why is that. and, you left me the one holding the bag. having to discipline our boy in a room full of people.

I set up a playlist of BBC world months ago. he should be about dinosaurs and the solar system.
not fighting. You did this. it's on you.

And i am willing to look like a jerk to stop my boy from becoming a bully.
your laziness means all my boy does is punch and kick all day. because that's what the morning tv shows are.

Do i make him watch a gnarly UFC fight? to see that violence hurts?
I don't want to do that.
I am protecting my boy from becoming me. making him something better.
My boy should be helping others. learning. . .

Cartoon violence does not translate.
I want him to tell me about dinosaurs, or how rockets work.
That is education.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife got him watching too many "Power Ranger" type shows in the morning. to distract him.
At his gymnastics class? (My idea) He is beating the **** out of an older boy. and i had to intervene. (seperate them) so he tries to fight me. lol. I just picked him up. and placed him where he should be.

Wife runs up and says i went too far. No, He is here to participate, not distract.
he shouldn't be punchin and kickin. where did he learn this?

-you looked pissed off.

**** yes, our boy is a troublemaker? why is that. and, you left me the holding the bag. having to discipline our boy in a room full of people.

I set up a playlist of BBC world months ago. he should be about dinosaurs and the solar system.
not fighting. You did this. it's on you.

And i am willing to look like a jerk to stop my boy from becoming a bully.
your laziness means all my boy does is punch and kick all day. because that's what the morning tv shows are.

Do i make him watch a gnarly UFC fight? to see that violence hurts?
I don't want to do that.
I am protecting my boy from becoming me. making him something better.
My boy should be helping others. learning. . .

Cartoon violence does not translate.
I want him to tell me about dinosaurs, or how rockets work.
That is education.
I can't tell if this is drunk poasting or not.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 80+ yo father fell recently and suffered a stress fracture in his lower spine. He was admitted to the hospital and then has spent the past 20 days in a rehab facility. Haven’t been able to see him during that time due to COVID and he really doesn’t answer his phone. The only way to talk to him has been to call the nurses station and have one of them go to his room, answer the phone and give it to him

My sister got a call today from his nurse that they are rushing him to the hospital with facial sagging and an inability to eat or speak. He’s had strokes before. And again, we cannot go to the hospital to be with him.

The whole situation blows
I’ve been there with my stepfather, as I’ve shared in the covid thread. It sucks not being able to visit or be there for him. Hope he recovers well.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I can't tell if this is drunk poasting or not.
> Tipsy Dad rant.

@VaderDave
You have sons?

The wife and i aren't doing well, and it is affecting him. I feel sad for him, and make an effort. by doing gardening with him, and focusing on his education and well being. Doing gymnastics now, will not only give him a great start at sports, but also teach him to listen to a coach.
The break down of the love in the home hurts both of us. his mother is simply not here enough. He knows dad is sad. and that sucks.

You guys keep my spirits up. so thanks.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's rough. Sorry man.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My 80+ yo father fell recently and suffered a stress fracture in his lower spine. He was admitted to the hospital and then has spent the past 20 days in a rehab facility. Haven’t been able to see him during that time due to COVID and he really doesn’t answer his phone. The only way to talk to him has been to call the nurses station and have one of them go to his room, answer the phone and give it to him

My sister got a call today from his nurse that they are rushing him to the hospital with facial sagging and an inability to eat or speak. He’s had strokes before. And again, we cannot go to the hospital to be with him.

The whole situation blows

We found out yesterday that he’s tested positive for Covid.

...and the hits just keep on coming.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Sorry bro, i thought you could be outside and talk.

All i can think of is the app "Line".
send him an OG ipad with internet access. setup by you.
Face call from your phone.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mom has had infection issues since last October. A couple weeks into Covid and she had another massive infection where she had to enter rehab and have IV antibiotics for 6 weeks. My family set up a daily zoom call to help her and my dad with the isolation. Luckily no covid issues and now that she’s home we still have a family call a few times a week.

It sucks that your dad won’t even answer a regular phone call. Sorry man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads