• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dumbass professor said that "US citizens have a lower life expectancy than citizens of any European country".

:facepalm:

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
College Rejections. Some of mine but mostly my friends' rejections; most of them worked way hard + are qualified and haven't gotten into any of their reach/target schools yet. **** you northwestern carnegie cornell princeton etccc !

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

College Rejections. Some of mine but mostly my friends' rejections; most of them worked way hard + are qualified and haven't gotten into any of their reach/target schools yet. **** you northwestern carnegie cornell princeton etccc !

I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't get into my first choice. Fortunately, my parents knew the provost. That decision was overturned pretty quick.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thighs have grown so much in the last week that my freshly tailored pants are squeaking.

Also, measured my forearms and my biceps. Forearm wins by 1/4" circumference. I am Popeye.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Its cool, once you get into and go to a good school, you will have smarter friends ;)

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

dont sweat it bro

my freshmen year i was so hung up on not having gotten into my first choice/dream school whatever i missed out on a lot of things and i regret that a lot.

honestly ime you can be happy no matter where you end up for college and still be extremely successful. i've had friends at ivy league schools who were extremely unhappy and transferred to "lesser" schools and were much happier.

a good school name on your resume will help open doors, but not as much as great grades, work experience, and interview skills.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm sorry to hear that. I didn't get into my first choice. Fortunately, my parents knew the provost. That decision was overturned pretty quick.
Neo, you're fortunate, not all provosts would intervene, not even presidents. Glad it worked out for you.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My dumbass professor said that "US citizens have a lower life expectancy than citizens of any European country".
:facepalm:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was somewhat true, as how you live if you smoke, how you eat, exercise etc. has an influence and America has a lot of obese lazy fastfood eating people, which equals lower life expectancy.

According to Wikipedia, Slovakia, Portugal, and the Czech Republic all have lower life expectancies than the US, and all those countries are in the European Union.

Slovakia and Czech Republic are both former eastern black countries, so you can't compare them with the US.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That really sucks, Ed. Have you had it looked at?

Not really. My mom is hard of hearing and she said its hereditary.

I've read about people losing their sense of taste/smell before. It's crazy. A lot of people have trouble maintaining healthy weight because they lose any pleasure related to eating. The whole idea freaks me out.

Yeah, dunno what I'd do if I couldn't taste **** anymore. Ugh, that would make life not worth living, TBH.

According to Wikipedia, Slovakia, Portugal, and the Czech Republic all have lower life expectancies than the US, and all those countries are in the European Union.

They are also ridiculously poor.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I wouldn't be surprised if that was somewhat true, as how you live if you smoke, how you eat, exercise etc. has an influence and America has a lot of obese lazy fastfood eating people, which equals lower life expectancy.
Slovakia and Czech Republic are both former eastern black countries, so you can't compare them with the US.

:laugh:

When I read 187's post, I thought, "no, that's still not true." Then I read Saul's post and thought, "that's what I was gonna say, but I guarantee someone will try to make the point that those aren't real European countries."

Thank you (and Ed) for making me feel like a mind reader this morning.

Not really. My mom is hard of hearing and she said its hereditary.
Yeah, dunno what I'd do if I couldn't taste **** anymore. Ugh, that would make life not worth living, TBH.
They are also ridiculously poor.

Still worth checking out, no? I mean, it's the cost of a copay.

I've thought the same thing about losing certain faculties or senses. I don't know if my mind would change if placed in that situation, but I hope I never, ever find out.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had this experience at other mens stores and boutique like places. It's a downward spiral of death for retail places that aren't big box stores: "We have to cut back on stock and employees because people aren't shopping in here that much" So some on walk in says "This place is ****, I am not shopping here" and down and down it goes with each passing day and customer.

Online presence plus brick and mortar = win. (Well a better chance at win anyway)

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its cool, once you get into and go to a good school, you will have smarter friends ;)

This is ungood. I prefer dumber friends so I seem better in comparison. Although given that I have a brain the size of a planet it means I can be friends with you guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads