• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
i cant believe i cant think of anything pissing me off right now. feels weird.

scratch that. the weak sauce football being played by the broncos is really messing with my evening. :fu:

be happy niners won! (ps I'm not a gay bandwagon f4g; I've loved them since I was 4...many years of hardship have finally paid off!)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

be happy niners won! (ps I'm not a gay bandwagon f4g; I've loved them since I was 4...many years of hardship have finally paid off!)

did you love them when they raped my broncos in the super bowl? DID YOU?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh... the Patriots ARE good tho'. You know the Tebow luck was gonna run out sooner or later.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wasnt expecting them to win, but getting humiliated like that was not enjoyable.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This became a terrible day before 10. I woke up at 6 which sucked. Listened to the radio. Got up at 7, no paper. Wait a bit, it is never later than 8. Nothing. 830, nothing. Go to NYT website, the two times this has happened before they've gotten a paper out to me by 930 when I report it. Still nothing.

In the meantime I go make some breakfast, wanted to cook up some noodles, ****** roommate ate my noodles. Yay.

Just get a call from work, have to do some **** because apparently I'm the only ******* person who can do it. Oh don't worry it wont take long I was told and "you can put down for half an hour of overtime." Awesome except I know the reporter's copy will take an hour or more to fix. Awesome. And it's coming in about half an hour which means--my plans are all shot to **** for the day.

The first two aren't really a big deal but combined with the third... just great.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ sucks ed, sorry mang.
--
do i really have to be at work today? do all my customers really have to be such morons? is there an end to this in sight?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I felt slightly (well hell, very) envious last night. Went for a dinner party at a friend's house. We've known this couple for a few years but I had never been to their home. He's a really nice guy, a likeable air of naivete about him, and he's a trust fund baby. His house is of course in one of the most upscale areas of town. House is full of beautiful details, all hand made cabinets and book shelves, incredible wall finishes, a 600 sq ft wine cellar room, about 8k total square feet.

I hate feeling envious but damn this is a nice house.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is naive? rob him blind.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to kill everything right now. I think I may have honestly hit critical mass and am done with parties. The prospect of another one is not a happy thing right now. We had a hammered freshman girl bawling her eyes out about being raped by a couple of guys who are regulars at the shindigs we throw. They've had plenty of better opportunities to **** girls and haven't done it before, but when in doubt you trust the lady. My buddy and I are playing doorman and bouncer and end up having to calm down the lynch mob of other stupid drunk people so that we can figure out wtf is going on. We find out what's up, call the guys up, they drive back to the house where the party is, and try and sort everything out. About 3 minutes in the girl has another breakdown and starts talking about how she didn't want to be seen as a slut by her fellow freshman because she went outside with a couple of guys, so she made it all up. They didn't even kiss, which goes with what we'd heard from the guys while on the phone with them before they got there.

At the same time we had some girls who were there by something like 4 degrees of separation who wouldn't stop trying to start ****. They're harshing everyone's mellow and throwing off the atmosphere. We went to kick them out and they threw a huge fit and went to one of the 3 guys who leases the place who happened to be next to us while all of this is going on. The guy is a ***** and tells them that they can stay. He doesn't want them there either- he's just too much of a ***** to tell them to leave. We have to find the other tenant who's still there to finally get them gone. I'm furious about this one on so many different levels.

I had to deal with psycho unicorn girl last night too. She's seriously ******* insane. I have no idea what I'm doing about that one. On one hand, I'm in dire need of good sex, but on the other, I don't want ******** disappearing down the garbage disposal or her having a meltdown in the middle a social event. She's graduated and is an assistant teacher now. It's kind of scary.

Beyond that, we had a few other freshman girls causing problems. There was surprisingly little **** that went down with the guys there. One guy tried to push past me when I told him that he needed to pay up, but that was resolved quickly.

The worst part about the night was that it was ******* fantastic (honestly) until about 1:30. People were being chill and handling their ****. Then it all went up. People need to learn to handle their liquor.

/imtooldforthisshit

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Maybe end the party before people get too polluted and start acting the fool? Just close up the house a 1am? You can always have a hand picked after party.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gale, i love you bro, and you have my sympathy for a good partay gone bad. but is this not semi standard in the college party scene? i mean gather a bunch of barely legals and start with the heavy drinking, is this really a surprise? sorry for being a dick.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm ready to kill everything right now. I think I may have honestly hit critical mass and am done with parties. The prospect of another one is not a happy thing right now. We had a hammered freshman girl bawling her eyes out about being raped by a couple of guys who are regulars at the shindigs we throw. They've had plenty of better opportunities to **** girls and haven't done it before, but when in doubt you trust the lady. My buddy and I are playing doorman and bouncer and end up having to calm down the lynch mob of other stupid drunk people so that we can figure out wtf is going on. We find out what's up, call the guys up, they drive back to the house where the party is, and try and sort everything out. About 3 minutes in the girl has another breakdown and starts talking about how she didn't want to be seen as a slut by her fellow freshman because she went outside with a couple of guys, so she made it all up. They didn't even kiss, which goes with what we'd heard from the guys while on the phone with them before they got there.
At the same time we had some girls who were there by something like 4 degrees of separation who wouldn't stop trying to start ****. They're harshing everyone's mellow and throwing off the atmosphere. We went to kick them out and they threw a huge fit and went to one of the 3 guys who leases the place who happened to be next to us while all of this is going on. The guy is a ***** and tells them that they can stay. He doesn't want them there either- he's just too much of a ***** to tell them to leave. We have to find the other tenant who's still there to finally get them gone. I'm furious about this one on so many different levels.
I had to deal with psycho unicorn girl last night too. She's seriously ******* insane. I have no idea what I'm doing about that one. On one hand, I'm in dire need of good sex, but on the other, I don't want ******** disappearing down the garbage disposal or her having a meltdown in the middle a social event. She's graduated and is an assistant teacher now. It's kind of scary.
Beyond that, we had a few other freshman girls causing problems. There was surprisingly little **** that went down with the guys there. One guy tried to push past me when I told him that he needed to pay up, but that was resolved quickly.
The worst part about the night was that it was ******* fantastic (honestly) until about 1:30. People were being chill and handling their ****. Then it all went up. People need to learn to handle their liquor.
/imtooldforthisshit

When we had parties in college where people had to pay to get in, we always hired security guards who worked for a firm that exclusively hired city cops. They did a remarkable job of bouncing people.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When we had parties in college where people had to pay to get in, we always hired security guards who worked for a firm that exclusively hired city cops. They did a remarkable job of bouncing people.

I had a friend like that....just a big ass dude at the front door with a newpaper boy bag full of cups... give him $5 you get a cup. Give him any **** and you'd be on your ass in no time. Never had any problems at our parties! :)

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gale, i love you bro, and you have my sympathy for a good partay gone bad. but is this not semi standard in the college party scene? i mean gather a bunch of barely legals and start with the heavy drinking, is this really a surprise? sorry for being a dick.

Nah man come to Japan, they just get drunk, play a few drinking games, sing a few song, someone makes a speach, most of them vomit and then they either go home or fall asleep on the sidewalk.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never this bad. We normally kick out or **** up anyone starting **** nice and early, and no one has ever called **** before. If we didn't know the guys, they could have had their lives ruined by some marsupialed freshman. This is also our first time with freshman who aren't party hardened already. We've normally seriously vetted anyone coming, and the regulars who bring new people always look out for them. Most of them will puke or cry or get stupid, but can still handle their **** enough that it's not the end of the world. The expanded invitation list wasn't our call, and the lack of direct connections between all of the people there raped accountability.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads