• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick As Thieves Charcoal Gray Suit app. 38-39 R

AlSailor

Reaction score
::: SOLD ::: Charcoal gray suit by Thick As Thieves.

Two-button jacket, fully lined (red lining), with side vents.

Flat front pants, cuffed.

Please carefully consider the measurements below:

Chest: 42”

Jacket waist: 38 ½”

Shoulder width: 19”

Jacket length (collar base to hem): 30 1/2”

Sleeve length: 25 1/2” (Note: Sleeves DO NOT have working buttonholes.)

Pants waist: 33"

Pants inseam: 33” with 1 1/2" cuffs.

This suit has never been worn.

Asking $200.00 or best offer.

Please do not hesitate to make an offer, I’ll consider all offers.

Payment via Paypal. No returns so if you are not sure, please ask questions. Thank you.

101_0032.jpg

101_0023.jpg

101_0030.jpg

kakaroach

Reaction score
I feel that if I were to buy it I'd need to take everything down an inch or two (my chest being 40", sleeves: 24.5 and shoulders somewhere around 17-18). Would that be at all possible with this suit? Or is it too much of an alteration?

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to be able to buy this, but alas, the shoulders are too wide for me.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It'd be good to get a comment from GetSmart, but I'd think with those chest and shoulder measurements this at least a 39 if not a 40? (And no, kakaroach, you don't want to alter it down a size.)

kakaroach

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
It'd be good to get a comment from GetSmart, but I'd think with those chest and shoulder measurements this at least a 39 if not a 40? (And no, kakaroach, you don't want to alter it down a size.)

Thanks for the tip, Jared. Guess it would be to much of a pain?

Robwynge

Reaction score
Those measurement are more like a 40, I agree. Good size for me, pm sent.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AlSailor, why are you selling the suit? Didn't you get it for a wedding, and afterwards, posted on how happy you were with the result? Just curious...

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kakaroach
Thanks for the tip, Jared. Guess it would be to much of a pain?
Altering down a full size basically involves recutting the jacket. The cost of having that done correctly would almost certainly push this over the price of a new TAT suit. If this fit me I'd jump on it in an instant.

AlSailor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
AlSailor, why are you selling the suit? Didn't you get it for a wedding, and afterwards, posted on how happy you were with the result? Just curious...

No, you are confusing me with someone else. I got this suit for no particular occasion, just for regular wear, but then realized it was not my style.

Robwynge

Reaction score
I may be interested in the suit, I think it could be a good size for me. PM sent

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads