• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Wire

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
+ 1. String was my fave, and after he was killed, ironically, Marlo became my favorite character.

Same hear, I also like the youngin who went good and Mike.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
coincidentally enough, at the recommendation of my guru, mentor, and watch supplier CTGuy, I bought this box set yesterday, as I am up in Hanoi now, meaning my evenings revolve around DVDs on my laptop. Watched about 5 episodes last night...it's very very good.
Originally Posted by mr monty
Season 5 is $39 @Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Complete-...1538179&sr=1-1 Or seasons 1-5 for $89 http://www.funsideup.com/servlet/the...FQWlQAodK31mYg
oh no you din...s1-5 180000 dong on Nguyen Trung Truc Street
smile.gif

AdmiralGrafSpee

Reaction score
I loved the Wire. However, it has set my expectations very high and I doubt I will see another series as good for quite awhile.

My favorite characters were Stringer and Omar, fo sho.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, finished the series today. Very bittersweet...but it's probably the best TV show I've ever watched. Completely sucked me in. It should still be airing.
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
On season 2. McNulty's ex-wife is HOT.

Same one that plays the wife of the fire fighter that died in 9/11, and is the Denis Leary character's girlfriend, in Rescue Me.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Rawls is doing voice commercials for Home Depot now. Kind of disappointing. I'm sure he's real upset that he let me down.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rawls is pretty cool.

Since season 2, I had a sneaking suspicion that Valcheck would end up in the commissioner's chair.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in Baltimore and a couple of months ago I had no time for lunch and stopped in BK for a Whopper. The guy who played Prop Joe was in there arguing with the idiot manager because they had screwed up his order. I thought about saying (and regret not doing so) "Don't you know who you're messing with? He runs the whole Eastside." I did congratulate him on a great show on the way out.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rawls is pretty cool. Since season 2, I had a sneaking suspicion that Valcheck would end up in the commissioner's chair.
Yes, just the sort of useless prick who ends up in charge of a government agency.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Yes, just the sort of useless prick who ends up in charge of a government agency.
You forgot to log into your other account (montecristo) before posting this.
rimshot.gif
I liked McNulty, not sure why he got a lot of hate in the various Wire threads on SF. He wasn't the deepest character but IMO was likable.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You forgot to log into your other account (montecristo) before posting this.
rimshot.gif
I liked McNulty, not sure why he got a lot of hate in the various Wire threads on SF. He wasn't the deepest character but IMO was likable.

I don't get all the Montecristo hate. I agree with 85% of his posts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics