• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
DMBqyaZUEAM-Qwx.jpg

514.php

Aske

Reaction score
Beautiful dog! Here’s are my two. They are pure bred Belgian Malinois, we had a litter almost two years ago. The dads on the right and we kept one male who is on the left. Were really hoping an all black one would come out but no dice they are fuckin rare. They are both trained in personal protection and apprehension. Definitkey love the shepherd breeds
View attachment 941186
Oh I definitely love Malinois as well, but I’ll have German Shepherds until the day I die. I can balance anything and everything on her head and she was no hassle whatsoever to train, basically the perfect dog. I’d like a black one and a blue one, blue being what they call the more wolf-like gray color

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your best fit IMO, looks the most complete compared to your typical gym photos @msg

That jacket adds the right amount of color.

Hmm...other than the gym as location, is there a difference in the fits? I’m curious why you like this so much.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TBH I feel like the way your pants break is at odds with your choice of footwear. The jeans look good stacked up against the boots here.

The color is also very good, that jacket red? I don't see red paired very well.

And in general everything fits well without being too sleek. The RG bomber detail like hanging straps also elevate the fit some.

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, man enough to take that, it’s not a problem. I like the roll as it was a look I saw o DSquared and it shows of the diagonal zipper. Not sure about wearing it without the roll as the boot would look a bit Frankensteinish wouldn’t it?

idk what you mean by frankensteinish, but please don't take inspiration from dsquared runway shows or anything really

rick looks better with loose pants anyway

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nanheun

I posted a comment years ago using the word "cockbulge".

I'm no genitalia expert so stop saying page on colabear when anything about genatalia comes up
The guy that shows off ********* charm on his handbag, doesn’t want to be associated with genitalia......? Hmmm

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH I feel like the way your pants break is at odds with your choice of footwear. The jeans look good stacked up against the boots here.

The color is also very good, that jacket red? I don't see red paired very well.

And in general everything fits well without being too sleek. The RG bomber detail like hanging straps also elevate the fit some.

That’s really interesting - what do you mean by the way my pants break? My footwear isn’t great, outside of options that work well with jeans. I’ve got some trousers that I love but other than a pair of CP derbies and Margiela slipons not much to wear them with. Now you have me wondering whether I’m just buying the wrong style of trouser or if it’s the footwear or both!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s really interesting - what do you mean by the way my pants break? My footwear isn’t great, outside of options that work well with jeans. I’ve got some trousers that I love but other than a pair of CP derbies and Margiela slipons not much to wear them with. Now you have me wondering whether I’m just buying the wrong style of trouser or if it’s the footwear or both!
If I read his comment correctly he’s saying you have too much “stacks”, that your fit would look better with your pants hemmed shorter

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@msg I am personally not a fan of flat front pants with a crease worn with sneakers. It would help if the pants draped a little more with more break rather than no break.

Having maybe an inch or inch in a half break can help pants with a fuller leg drape naturally on the shoe. If you go no break, then, consider tapering the leg a little more. I am sure @dieworkear or @sipang can throw up some pics as examples. Right now your pants are hitting the middle ground from my POV.

If you think about runways from Lemaire, Stephan Schneider, Robert Geller etc. the pants are not perfectly hemmed but rather loosely fitting at the leg opening with fabric almost pooling over the shoe. Sipang can say there is an art to get that perfect full break, which I can get behind if pants are worn with sneakers. Of the three designers I mentioned probably Schneider and Geller do more of a no break with pants either tapered a little more or even stuffed into shoes, which is entirely different look.

Wearing jeans with full break and tapered is more forgiving because the way the bottom stacks can look great if done right but even then you probably have to consider how much break can get you the ideal stacks. In other words, you still need to think about how much to shorten the inseam. With straight fit jeans for example, the stacks may look really bad, so, you want to shorten the inseam some more than tapered jeans. 19cm is still a comfortable medium. YMMV

To circle back to your comment, I think your pants are fine but maybe consider hi-top sneakers or even more boots.

Check this thread out: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...-oversized-next-level-clothing-thread.508298/

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads