• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Date night?

lol, i think it's a beautiful piece but noob is right, it's not actually what you'd call a 'flattering' fit, on me at least. falls in that category of things you want to own because they're awesome rather than because they make you look like a sexy mofo

Last edited:

mbaum

Reaction score
lol, i think it's a beautiful piece but agree with noob, it's not actually what you'd call a 'flattering' fit, on me at least
Hm, probably depends on how you wear it (open/ closed/ belt wrapped/ hanging, etc.) and what other clothes you combine it with. Perhaps even the photo angle impacts it? Since a million guys bought this knit this season, I am sure we will see at least 438 fit pics and will have figured it out fairly soon. The EG lookbook provides some tasty options to start with.

@agvs Love this fit. Where did you get those Kapital pants from? I think they are great!

@in stitches Perhaps the EG fatigues you got?
nod[1].gif

Mike

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
that's something that's always irked me about eg, always a post donut eating binge fit

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mbaum you're right, the camera angle is bad here, and i was pretty casual the way i threw it on. i'm a lean dude so it's not like i care about something 'making me look fat'. i just mean that many other jackets i own have a more conventionally flattering fit: this has narrow shoulders and then flares out as it goes down, so that the excess around the midsection causes a bulge when you belt it.
i still like it though

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@in stitches
 Perhaps the EG fatigues you got? 
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Mike

Idk, I mean, those essentially look like khakis, just with big pockets. Also, they fit very flow-ey, not congruent with the more sleek look of the Roadmaster, I dont think it will be a great fit. Ill probably wear it with jeans, or moleskins, or waxed canvas or something next time.

that stitches fit needs some olive fatigues and chunkier footwear for less dadcore vibes

But I am a dad. :confused:

Yeah, that was just was I was wearing when it arrived. Ill wear different pants and shoes with it in the future.

I do think it looks pretty good, in a "cool-dad" kind of way though, as is. :embar:

Last edited:

Cacatfish

Reaction score
I dont even mind the khakis but beefier boots are really needed with that overall outfit. Stitches I think you need a really chunky pair of boots for balance in your swd fits. More than those MA+ (I think thats what they are) or the AS boots. Those are both nice but too sleek. Maybe some commando sole Trickers or Red Wing or something. Those manly fits seem to peeter out at the bottom.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's something that's always irked me about eg, always a post donut eating binge fit

That's part of the reason I dig Lemaire's outerwear-- it manages to be loose and comfy without looking all paunchy. EG fans should give it a try

Yeah, that was just was I was wearing when it arrived. Ill wear different pants and shoes with it in the future.

IMO those are some of your better fitting pants, but I can see how that jacket could benefit from something more sleek/aggressive

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I dont even mind the khakis but beefier boots are really needed with that overall outfit. Stitches I think you need a really chunky pair of boots for balance in your swd fits. More than those MA+ (I think thats what they are) or the AS boots. Those are both nice but too sleek. Maybe some commando sole Trickers or Red Wing or something. Those manly fits seem to peeter out at the bottom.

Rec me boots! Meaning, links.

But also, Id wear my shell Marlows with just about anything. They have enough chunk to get the job done.

And also, I think the MA+ boots will be great with the sheen of this waxed canvas, and the AS boots would be a good call too.

But still, LINKS!!

Oh, I do have a pair of super chunky Red Wings, I have posted in them before.

Anyways, links!

julius combat boots julius cargos for that orbital drop grindcore dad swag

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But also, links?

IMO those are some of your better fitting pants, but I can see how that jacket could benefit from something more sleek/aggressive

I think that the Grown & Sewn Independent Slim Fit, is the best RTW cut pant for me. I wish they had a wider selection and more cool fabrics.

The jacket looks great with spray pained on moto pants, but thats a bridge too far, for me.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stitchy, I like those Barbour International/ moto style jackets, but think they'd look better with really beat up jeans and a grey sweatshirt, rather than chinos and a tucked in button-up. As they say, YMMV and all tho.

fireflygrave

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members