• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RegisDB9

I need more margiela in my life. Definitely could work some of it into my look, especially the lighter stuff. Just a few more years and I'll have the salary to do so ;-)

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
be responsible and pay off your med school loans first...

fast forward a few years and benes post full regis style fit pic with the caption,

"just got my first paycheck as a doctor! wearing all margiela (even the lab coat!). dorky glasses no vis"

Last edited:

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Schneider
Margiela
ETQ

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Schneider
Margiela
ETQ

If you don't mind me saying, bro, I'd tuck in the shirt and unbutton a couple of buttons...maybe roll up the sleeves. I think it would take the fit from just got out of the office to...**** to office. A darker pair of shoes/boots would also be great there

I've found that with trousers shirts looks better tucked in at least with the clothing I'm used to wearing

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

be responsible and pay off your med school loans first...

fast forward a few years and benes post full regis style fit pic with the caption,

"just got my first paycheck as a doctor! wearing all margiela (even the lab coat!). dorky glasses no vis"

Already paying off my loans nahneun San! Us Indian and Azn bros know to pay​ off debts first
1f60a.png

flowcharts

Reaction score

Nonnative - Niche - DIY - CPxGeller

I'm pretty sure I've posted essentially this fit a few times before, but I've put some more work into the jeans lately. I'm taking some super-heavy-handed inspiration from Blackmeans, and they're nowhere close to done but I'm really happy with them so far. Lots of sashiko & scab patching left to do

Blackmeans version (I'd be all over these if a pair popped up in my size). I have no idea how they get the hex stitches so perfect on denim...

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
@flowcharts looks great! Both the fit and the stitch work - any more "perfect" and they'd look machine stitched imo.
More info/comments on the nonnative rider? I'm in the market for one..was initially leaning towards a rick stooges (or mollino) but now think those may not be versatile enough...when I looked elsewhere i realized I'm totally unfamiliar with other options :embar:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nonnative - Niche - DIY - CPxGeller I'm pretty sure I've posted essentially this fit a few times before, but I've put some more work into the jeans lately. I'm taking some super-heavy-handed inspiration from Blackmeans, and they're nowhere close to done but I'm really happy with them so far. Lots of sashiko & scab patching left to do Blackmeans version (I'd be all over these if a pair popped up in my size). I have no idea how they get the hex stitches so perfect on denim...
WOW WHAT A NICE LEATHER JACKET

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads