• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

love the roll.
and shes on the top rack in the bottom pic :slayer:
also, is it possible for you to wear a short coat over that? or will you look stumpy?
im trying to up my cardigan/blazer game but i need proper outerwear before i can do so.
all of the coats ive seen are very tailored and will not be suitable to wear over a knit let alone a blazer :eek:

I could wear short coat if it had some room... prob look less stumpy than with the duffel.

Shore, I like it without the duffel.

Noted!

I found the Bertoia chair :thumbs-up:

Well spotted. Got a set of 4, with pads, for like $200. I take the pads off inside b/c they're a little gross. Not perfect shape but they do the job.

Everybody looking so good!
GDL, I love your jacket and sweater.
Snow, the way your shirt and jacket line up in the 4th picture is cool. The pier wu looks like it was made for you.
Magician looking less grungy than usual but still great.
shoreman, I like the duffle and bedford a lot, is that the homsepun from this season?

From a couple years back. Same as this but mine's a large.

Mere

Reaction score
What I'm wearing today is reminiscent of Shelly Duvall circa "The Shining" if Shelly Duvall was also a bag lady. The "Homeless Duvall" look consists of a red long sleeve, button-up dress in a chambray material (light for winter, I know), overwhich I am wearing a grey men's cardigan with yellow stripes. Underneath, I am wearing navy-blue leggings that button up the sides, heavy, grey wool socks, and Minnetonka moccasin slippers with fringe. To top it all off, I'm wearing this navy and evergreen puffy ski vest with white piping and a black cashmere scarf. If I had any stones at all, I'd post a picture of myself.

Eff it, I'm going to anyway.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey shoreman, how are those workaday oxfords? do they have the same weird fit as the 19th c shirts?

bedford + duffle looks awesome. there's an xs duffel on ebay right now that i'm trying so hard to resist, but would cop if i wasn't poor.

although even I think it would look better with one less roll :/

Last edited:

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Workaday oxfords are odd fit. Narrow shoulders, short placket, high gussets, blousy tails. Kinda have to embrace it, although if you're not tall you can tuck

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I like the 19th c fit, but the tails are so long and the gussets so high that i's kind of awkward with shorter jackets. and i can't tuck my xs because the gussets are too high.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kingjulien, I would wear the pants higher up on the waist.  WYAWN just looks comical and really pronounces your gut, in the thickest and most unbecoming of accents.

I don't see this.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
needs junya duck boots. (6)
(0)
I assume those are a patchwork boot featuring felted wool and duck feathers?
thats not you! i like androgynous urth
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
haha. At heart I'm a New Englander, feel bad if I don't wear my bean boots and bust out the fleece at least once a week.

jwjp

Reaction score
snowman , great fit on the peir wu, makes me wish i'd picked up the ribbed sleeve version instead :nodding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics