• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is maybe a stupid question but if you have chucks and want CPs or Lanvins, why do you have to buy purcells first?

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
this is maybe a stupid question but if you have chucks and want CPs or Lanvins, why do you have to buy purcells first?

Let your tastes develop before you drop 400 quid on a pair of sneakers. it's the same reason people in MC don't go straight from Loake to Edward Green.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think he meant you absolutely MUST, but if you like Chucks you'll like Purcells (I actually think they're a bit more comfortable) and it's just kind of a natural progression. I wear all of the above for different styles and different moods and like them all accordingly.

Reaction score
xhale should let me do that ro justice
Not the ideal pants and shoes to wear with it but it's all I have. My wardrobe consists of about 5 items right now. Would be worn primarily with black jeans, white tee, and black boots. Have to work with what I have at the moment.

But yes, I'm sure you'd be more "creative" with it. I'm trying to tone **** down in general.

Dapp

Reaction score
Nope, not a troll pic. I figured my first post should just be something basic and simple. This is actually why I don't really post fit pics because it's nothing overly inspiring, just simple clean color blocks with a focus on interesting textures and good proportions.
+1. Respect that. That's pretty much the approach I'm trying to take.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xhale's fit would be more accepted by more people outside the fashion circle anyways, so in a sense it's a good fit. everything fits coherently, although the pants are a bit too stacked. I'd like to see a darker shoe as well. Some people dig the contrast, but I don't like the way white shoes stick out on dark outfits.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
900x900px-LL-a47b9209_IMG_0987.jpeg

shirt: geller
shorts: CdGh+
shoes: CP

closeup of shorts

LL

Last edited:

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i remember parker posting a fit a while back with the same (or similar?) jacket with diors and white sneakers, and it looked really good imo. granted parker's jeans were black. I think that particular jacket looks fine with normal clothes since its one of the more 'conservative' rick leathers, if that makes any sense.

collar looks weird in that pic though, all curled in like that.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like sq's fit a lot but pieces like that tee make me question lanvin's direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads