• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
One more for the goat bomber, earlier this week. Wanted more of a hendrix style this time, hence me ballin' like a mofo.
Nice one. Love the blue desert boots.
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Z, I could make you a sick leather jacket.
wink.gif

Should I get in line? I want a buttery soft dark brown riding jacket with brass zips.

BRUDER, great pictures. You look so content.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Domenic
Hi guys,

Found this forum a while ago, and just remembered it today since the attached outfit was disparaged by a few people when I asked them. They weren't able to give anything helpful terribly helpful as feedback, besides that they didn't like it, but it was a consensus. So, I'm turning to you all for some more useful feedback.

So, what is it that makes this outfit not work? Colors? Any particular item of clothing sucky? I dunno, I'm pretty new at this "not dressing in oversized t-shirts and shorts" thing.

Are you colorblind? Those colors do not go with each other at all. Lose the acid washed polo.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
how long ago? like a couple of hours? i went into pick up the mrs a little while ago. Changed to my other TOJ shirt, and other KMWs! i felt a little awkward wearing the shirt to uni. Not sure if i can pull it off just around uni. probably better for weekends.
You're married?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
pm unedited pics of sis dawg

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
One more for the goat bomber, earlier this week. Wanted more of a hendrix style this time, hence me ballin' like a mofo.

2gwhruf.jpg
2u9ty0g.jpg

That's a sick jacket man! Is that the standard TOJ bomber jacket? The pockets and collar look different from pictures of their regular leather bomber. It kind of resembles the harrington, but in leather instead of gore-tex. If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM with details, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-LR

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Domenic
Hi guys, Found this forum a while ago, and just remembered it today since the attached outfit was disparaged by a few people when I asked them. They weren't able to give anything helpful terribly helpful as feedback, besides that they didn't like it, but it was a consensus. So, I'm turning to you all for some more useful feedback. So, what is it that makes this outfit not work? Colors? Any particular item of clothing sucky? I dunno, I'm pretty new at this "not dressing in oversized t-shirts and shorts" thing.
Stop trying so hard. Layering a bunch of incoherent pieces (in colour, style, and fit) and wearing terrible distressed jeans is not stylish. It's clumsy. Your polo is ugly as hell, and way too short. It makes you look lumpy, and the either scrunched up nature or extreme shortness of your long sleeves makes it look like you bought the clothes when you were 12 and just kept wearing them. You're clueless, and it's going to take a LONG time to get better at dressing yourself. Everyone thinks you can just learn to dress in like a week, no. You are dressed far worse than your average person on the street. Dress simpler, solid tees or polos that fit slim, slim fit jeans WITH NO distressing, and I can't see your shoes but I bet they're abominations... Most of the people in WAYWT dress too well for you to learn from them. Their outfits are well put together for reasons you cannot yet understand. Go look at the JCrew lookbook or something... Here I found some pictures: http://helmutberutti.blogspot.com/20...-spring-2.html Ignore the paint splattered shorts, take note of the way pants fit, shirts fit, etc. Notice that the colours don't clash, that their layering isn't randomly thrown together. They aren't wearing running shoes either, which is what most people wear. Don't attempt some of the complex layering like they do, just work on getting your pants and shirt to match, maybe wearing a sweater over a button down oxford shirt. Light blue v-neck over white oxford cloth button down is a good start... You don't even know the basics, maybe this will help a little... Simple is better... Don't try complicated until you can already do simple.

c00kz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
You're clueless, and it's going to take a LONG time to get better at dressing yourself. Everyone thinks you can just learn to dress in like a week, no. You are dressed far worse than your average person on the street. Dress simpler, solid tees or polos that fit slim, slim fit jeans WITH NO distressing, and I can't see your shoes but I bet they're abominations...

Most of the people in WAYWT dress too well for you to learn from them. Their outfits are well put together for reasons you cannot yet understand.

Go look at the JCrew lookbook or something... Here I found some pictures:

http://helmutberutti.blogspot.com/20...-spring-2.html

Ignore the paint splattered shorts, take note of the way pants fit, shirts fit, etc. Notice that the colours don't clash, that their layering isn't randomly thrown together. They aren't wearing running shoes either, which is what most people wear. Don't attempt some of the complex layering like they do, just work on getting your pants and shirt to match, maybe wearing a sweater over a button down oxford shirt. Light blue v-neck over white oxford cloth button down is a good start... You don't even know the basics, maybe this will help a little...

Is this a a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads