• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, that's called being a slim teenager, you'll get a gut at 25 like everyone else who is slim but eats like a pig.

****. I turn 25 in two weeks.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
While not quite as clean as Common Projects, all-white Stan Smiths are pretty basic and about 1/5 of the retail price of CPs:

http://www.adidas.com/us/product/mens-originals-stan-smith-2-shoes/EU023

edit:
****. I turn 25 in two weeks.

No worries, I just turned 30 and I'm still rail-thin. All you need to do is exercise compulsively and cut out fried foods, sweets, and heavy dairy products from your diet. Don't worry, though, because you can still drink a ton of beer.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna go to the gym now. I should probably take a beer out of the fridge so it's warmed up to drinking temperature by the time I get back.

Last edited:

derrida26

Reaction score
I'd be a ******* millionaire if I got a dollar for every time someone said that. Some people just don't get fatter than they are, regardless of how much they eat.

Thanks for the compliment on the shoes ;]

Yeah. I'm 6'0" and working on gaining weight, too (currently around 145lbs). The myth for skinny guys is that "no matter how much I eat, I'll never gain more weight." Not true.

Some strategies

1. eat every 3 hours
2. drink lots of whole milk/ whole grains
3. count calories and hit 3000k each day. do this for a week, and if still no weight gain, add 500k and keep going

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah. I'm 6'0" and working on gaining weight, too (currently around 145lbs). The myth for skinny guys is that "no matter how much I eat, I'll never gain more weight." Not true.

Some strategies

1. eat every 3 hours
3. count calories and hit 3000k each day. do this for a week, and if still no weight gain, add 500k and keep going
4. Lift

Unless you just want to be fat

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Unless you just want to be fat

Yes! You need to work out. Just do some push-ups and pull-ups during the day, it's very simple. You don't have to go to the gym, just drop on the floor and do push-ups whenever you think of it.

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some strategies

1. eat every 3 hours

Some of this is true. The "eat every 3 hours" is one of the biggest fitness myths ever, though.
Also, simply eating 3000 kcal (or whichever random number) probably wont be very effective.

Calculate how many how cals per day you should eat. This all depends on age, height, weight and level of fitness. There's lots of decent calculators online.
To gain weight while still looking good (not gaining lots of fat), simply eat more than you the calories you burn, eat clean and start working out. Minimum 3 days a week. Skip cardio. Lift heavy and progressively.
Obviously there's no simple answer but if you really wanna make sure you do it right, this approach is pretty failsafe.

Enough of fitness talk.

Last edited:

derrida26

Reaction score
yeah. I didn't mean the "eat every 3 hours" in terms of having some effect on your body. I just can only eat so much before I get full, so helps to put in more meals

Rompson

Reaction score
You lucky guys having to work to gain weight. :(

P.S wearing black painted levis 514s.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
*gasp* a leather jacket!

nBUdQl.jpg

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit:
No worries, I just turned 30 and I'm still rail-thin. All you need to do is exercise compulsively and cut out fried foods, sweets, and heavy dairy products from your diet.

why don't i just ******* kill myself now?

Because I've always wanted to see a fat angry transvestite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics