• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

tucked..
dsc01354cd.jpg

untucked..
dsc01356r.jpg

karl lagerfeld..
laugh.gif

dsc01357ms.jpg

tried balancing out the heavy sneakers with a baggier top, i think its better untucked in this fit.
having fun with gloves. they were attached to the giuliano fujiwara's i bought and i thought i should just wear the outer part around the house..
redface.gif
i miss the vases shiny floors and delightful floral decor of these indoor shots. snowman please return to indoors and sell me your glasses.

Miran2

Reaction score
Non SWD post.
nz2lau.jpg

foke1i.jpg

a26t.jpg

19bcjr.jpg

How can anyone in their right mind think this is a good fit? This looks bloody ridiculous!

Mr Moo...the comments here are by the blind, or the narrow-sighted. This cut of jacket and pants makes ylou ook like you've gained weight...not lost weight as you have purported...
There is no old school 50s Alan Dale-like loose jacket and pants elegance to this...the pants are hideously cut...they make you look short, stout and shapeles...actually no, pants and jacket together you could convince me this was a woman's outfit, designed to showcase childbearing hips...

You need to go for simple, straight, slimming lines, Mr Moo...in dark colours like black or navy, that will enforce their silhouette over your shape with an iron fist...not this kind of flamboyant poofy style...

Last edited:

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i dont think he looks that bad at all

pants are a little baggy (disproportionate to the top), but i'm sure a tailor can take them in a little

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Miran, taking fit advice from you is liking taking fit advice from Ray Charles. I've said it before, but I am sure you were too busy with a large bowl of ice cream or something to take note, but I do not take fit advice from faceless internet personalities. For all I know you've never put a suit and tie on in your entire life, and are color blind. You may not even know what proper clothing looks like. It is impossible for me to take your seriously. You join the many in the fora who post while never having posted a fit themselves. It's pathetic and quite strange.

I do heed the advice of people whom I respect on the forum, those who have shown me that they can do a bang up job of getting dressed in the morning. I am working my way toward that. Your faceless, cowardly posts don't do anything for me, bud. Post a fit, then we can chat.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

bottom half is good. top colors + black bottom is a bit wonky. you look older than I expected. Could do with some hair styling/cut etc. I also don't like that thing under your chin.

Not digging the palette. Different color pants or shoes.

thanks for the comments. i haven't shaved for a month or more now, just trimming with a razor (sensitive skin)
i am curious though how do i look older? i am the youngest one in my office actually and everyone calls me young boy
i have a very conservative hairdo :eek:

that brown/tan/beige along with black/dark gray color palette always fascinates me...sort of like those YSL leopard print loafers.
My skill set is not yet high enough I guess to understand different shades to mix and match appropriately. I should visit the MC color coding thread and really give it a good read.

and Milano, i think a hint of white as in a shirt underneath, or even switched in place of the sweater would have been better simpler

thanks! (back to the drawing boards)

edit:
and about wearing shirts. more and more i feel a simple button down is essential to my personal wardrobe. i just look and feel a bit out of my element wearing a sweater whether it be vneck or crew cut. tee's i find is a totally different from wearing a sweater as a standalone because it is much less formal in my POV thus not garnering the "need" for a button down or shirt.

ex. wearing a shirt tucked or untucked feels much more in my comfort zone than wearing a sweater. my neck feels naked without a collar

Last edited:

dibango

Reaction score

I do heed the advice of people whom I respect on the forum, those who have shown me that they can do a bang up job of getting dressed in the morning. I am working my way toward that. Your faceless, cowardly posts don't do anything for me, bud. Post a fit, then we can chat.

It's not a competition, du. FWIW, those pants need a burnin'.

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
No idea what competition you are referring to. I think people read into my posts a bit much. Lighten up.

The pants, while not perfect, are serviceable and are not as bad when outside of the static environment of one photo.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks for the comments.
i haven't shaved for a month or more now, just trimming with a razor (sensitive skin)
i am curious though how do i look older? i am the youngest one in my office actually and everyone calls me young boy
i have a very conservative hairdo :eek:
that brown/tan/beige along with black/dark gray color palette always fascinates me...sort of like those YSL leopard print loafers.
My skill set is not yet high enough I guess to understand different shades to mix and match appropriately. I should visit the MC color coding thread and really give it a good read.
and Milano, i think a hint of white as in a shirt underneath, or even switched in place of the sweater would have been better simpler
thanks! (back to the drawing boards)
edit:
and about wearing shirts. more and more i feel a simple button down is essential to my personal wardrobe. i just look and feel a bit out of my element wearing a sweater whether it be vneck or crew cut. tee's i find is a totally different from wearing a sweater as a standalone because it is much less formal in my POV thus not garnering the "need" for a button down or shirt.
ex. wearing a shirt tucked or untucked feels much more in my comfort zone than wearing a sweater. my neck feels naked without a collar

hey thats okay, your pic is small/not great quality and from here it kinda looked like some weird soul patch/goatee ****. :uhoh:

as for looking older its mostly the hair and awkward shadow of facial hair + the knit heavy fit = makes you look like a 30s-40s dad. although on second look not so much. dunno. for the record, i don't care what mc has told you or where you work, you can get a nice hair cut that doesnt make you look ten years old or like a dad or a lesbian and no one in your office will freak out. hard to get a sense of your jawline/chin but you seem to have a long neck and head and nice relatively fine wavy hair so you should have a good number of options for styling. Maybe let it grow out a bit first.

as for feeling weird without a collar i dunno man thats pretty weird, most dudes feel most comfortable in a tee. try getting yourself used to a more relaxed fit with your clothes in general, particularly your knitwear and this may help you feel more comfortable. a lot of forum dudes just go for slim slim because they're so focused on fit but most of the time it looks way worse than if they just went with slightly relaxed or a bit more loose. sausage casing vibe = no bueno. there is really an elegance to a nice relaxed fit, see if you can find that for yourself.

EDIT - in general people, you benefit from not blurring out/chopping off etc a large portion of your face/head. when you do this you destroy the natural lines of your face/head and therefore the shape of your body as a whole and you come out looking weird as ****. i know were not all cool with postin our naked visages on the interwebz but try and keep your chin and or jaw line and the top of your head if you must. i alwas like nils just blurred eyes or mouth technique.

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
RW :- at first that reads like you're a dog breeder examining greyhound pups :paranoia:

Last edited:

derrida26

Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo

Alright dudes, the kids over on SWD seem to really hate the pants I wore today. Sadly, I can't take any of them seriously because they wear strange outfits and/or have never posted any photos.

So, I'd like to hear from people I respect for their ability to dress well (take that as an open invitation to post). Are my pants from today's outfit totally horrendous, or are they OK, a bit baggy, but serviceable?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads