1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softy

softy Senior member

For mike eight hundred and sixty-eight-Y
    Good times, good times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: those are the sem-acceptable ones. I have posted some really awful shit.

ow MY EYES

2. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

[​IMG]
    you definitely should size down on the peacot-ish thing.
    For mike eight hundred and sixty-eight-Y Good times, good times.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

so much better than I expected. Actually, I'm kind of let down. But your new stuff is so dope (even the drapey oversized shit. I've even come to like that neoprene coat you have that I originally hated.

3. APK

APK Senior member

The way we talk about Synth's old stuff is probably misleading, because they weren't ever bad. They were just assembled with at least one foot still in the SF uniform circle.

4. the shah

the shah Senior member

The way we talk about Synth's old stuff is probably misleading, because they weren't ever bad. They were just assembled with at least one foot still in the SF uniform circle.

still waiting on yours you got some dope stuff too

5. bare bodkin

bare bodkin Senior member

Size down? It's already pulling on my chest and elbows.

6. mike868y

mike868y Senior member

Size down? It's already pulling on my chest and elbows.

sorry, I forgot to add (10).

7. bare bodkin

Ah I see. If I went a size up it would be too long in the sleeves. Tragic, but I don't mind how it fits now.

8. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

it's not a fit issue, it's a crappy/boring piece issue

9. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

On bare bodkin's coat: It's too cropped. If you're carrying weight, having a horizontally pronounced, short coat is a bad idea; you just look that much wider and stubbier. You should get a wool coat that falls to mid/upper thigh. Single-breasted might work better to expose layers, lines of the leg, etc.

Speaking as someone who wants a full-back tattoo and a couple sterling pieces in the near future, there's nothing wrong with a piece being boring. If it's boring and unflattering, there is a problem.

10. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

Late to the party, but baconzilla's look is sick

It blows my mind how some people can make a simple three piece fit look amazing.

11. snake

snake Senior member

Late to the party, but baconzilla's look is sick
    +1 really good.

For mike eight hundred and sixty-eight-Y
    Good times, good times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's really not all that bad, synth. Last September I was wearing j crew and diesel. [​IMG]
    Maybe I'll dig that up for lulz

12. bare bodkin

It's funny you think I'm carrying weight since im only 150 lbs. I will definitely look into a longer coat though. Thanks for your input guys.

13. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

It's funny you think I'm carrying weight since im only 150 lbs. I will definitely look into a longer coat though. Thanks for your input guys.
    It might just be the fit of the jacket. It pulls across the torso in such a way that it looks like you have a stomach. Layering underneath might not be helping.

14. bare bodkin

I think it's just the fit of the jacket. It pulls across the torso in such a way that it looks like you have a stomach. Layering underneath might not be helping.

I was just thinking, it could be the 5 or 6 layers I'm wearing underneath. CT winters are brutal.

15. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Hah nvm, in that case it's just poor patterning on the jacket that makes you look like you have a belly.

1 other thing - honestly your face is going to be your best asset (enormous penis notwithstanding, if you have one), and framing it in the best way you can is a path to victory imo. I'd like to see some nested lapels, high collars, and scarves. Not that you need to change your style because of some dude on the internet.

16. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

somehow missed baconzilla's fit, damn that's the best (and only) way to wear those sneakers, looks much better than the last pic he had of them

[​IMG]

jacket WAY too tight and cropped, get a different one and it'll look good

17. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I was just thinking, it could be the 5 or 6 layers I'm wearing underneath. CT winters are brutal.

Dude, just get a winter coat rather than five layers under a shitty jacket.

18. Vecna

Vecna Senior member

Not that you need to change your style because of some dude on the internet.

I'm pretty sure the SF T+A states that you do in fact have to change your style because of some dudes on the internet. (See Article C, Section 21)

19. SeckBoy

SeckBoy Well-Known Member

Last September I was wearing j crew and diesel. [​IMG] Maybe I'll dig that up for lulz
    Internet fashunz, much like the horrors of war, will change a man... I went from socks with sandals to vintage helmut lang and proxying diet butcher from japan. What Have I Become?

20. APK

APK Senior member

still waiting on yours you got some dope stuff too

Some day, some day. I'm running out of excuses, though, since it seems like most of the people I'm friends with these days are photographers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.