• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This watch will cover everything today from church, to brunch to pool & BBQ - the perfect Father's Day watch.
20230617_211859.jpg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
For a high quality manual wind ladies watch, $1,000 sounds like a hell of a deal. From looking at it, I think it is older than what the seller suggests, but it is still a true classic from a great watch house. If from 2008, I'm about 99% certain it would say Piaget on the case back (I looked at some men's Piaget's around that time). Not sure if it is a much older watch and the name wore away from many years of daily us, or if it had an engraving to someone and it was polished off to make it easier to sell?
Worth a gamble (say if at $1k flat)?

If you read the description in Spanish, it says it’s from 1980, so it’s normal it hasn’t Piaget written on the case back.
Seems a fair price (closer to 2000 than 1000 though), but (as I own one) you have to know it is a fragile watch. This one is quite a plain version, the interest of those Piaget Tanks (or Protocole) was that they were made in small quantities and different materials. For example I never saw another exemplary of mine from 1950 (in 18k yellow gold with a wood dial), the closer I saw was in white gold with a damaged wood dial, without any idea of the year it was made, and was sold for around €4000 IIRC.
Some had gold dials and i even saw one with a jade dial…

9A0E2EEF-3F55-4AC6-BD00-570B144F17B7.jpeg

The strap is in crocodile and is identical to the original one my father had, except his was black.
I changed the strap for the brown one around 1995, when my father gave me the watch.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some may consider the two-tone the most historically correct Santos, as the model was original released in steel and gold when it came out in 1978 (the all gold and all steel came out later). I like all the versions, its really a great watch.

Live it up, buy the one that puts the biggest smile on your face. I know gold watches are not for everyone, but I have a few and I really enjoy them. All gold might be a bit blingy for some people, but there are times you just have to say "F*ck it!" and buy/wear what makes you happy. Sometimes a great watch just looks awesome in gold, so why not treat yourself ? EDIT...and if someone thinks I'm blingy because I wear these watches...who gives a sh*t? I've been called worse! :rotflmao: I wouldn't worry about the color of your wedding band. I see people mix metals and materials all the time.

A few of my gold watches for inspiration...

<a href="https://imgur.com/oXY0n0u">

Love that gold Tank. And that Daytona is the ultimate "F it" statement piece.
When the weather gets warm, does anyone feel the desire for a summer watch? One that is kind of trashy and pool / BBQ ready? I have never caved, but for some reason I always wish I was wearing something obnoxious. Like this:

View attachment 1975701
Love the idea of it. That's a good candidate. What about a comparable Hublot?
I will wear this to garden parties at that one friend of my wife’s who has a douchy husband. I not only fit right in, and also win at douchy.
Total alpha move. Out douche the douche in his own lair.
I’m seriously considering a seamaster on a rubber strap. I just wish they made a 40mm version.
Here's mine on a green rubber strap. Just put it back on the bracelet a few days ago.

PXL_20230405_170941766~2.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For a high quality manual wind ladies watch, $1,000 sounds like a hell of a deal. From looking at it, I think it is older than what the seller suggests, but it is still a true classic from a great watch house. If from 2008, I'm about 99% certain it would say Piaget on the case back (I looked at some men's Piaget's around that time). Not sure if it is a much older watch and the name wore away from many years of daily us, or if it had an engraving to someone and it was polished off to make it easier to sell?

If you read the description in Spanish, it says it’s from 1980, so it’s normal it hasn’t Piaget written on the case back.
Seems a fair price (closer to 2000 than 1000 though), but (as I own one) you have to know it is a fragile watch. This one is quite a plain version, the interest of those Piaget Tanks (or Protocole) was that they were made in small quantities and different materials. For example I never saw another exemplary of mine from 1950 (in 18k yellow gold with a wood dial), the closer I saw was in white gold with a damaged wood dial, without any idea of the year it was made, and was sold for around €4000 IIRC.
Some had gold dials and i even saw one with a jade dial…

View attachment 1976413
The strap is in crocodile and is identical to the original one my father had, except his was black.
I changed the strap for the brown one around 1995, when my father gave me the watch.

Thanks, super helpful, for px I was intend to either wait or “suggest a price”on c24. Though in general where is a good place to find resource on Piaget, I don’t even see Piaget on WatchUSeek as a dedicated sub forum under brand?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Thanks, super helpful, for px I was intend to either wait or “suggest a price”on c24. Though in general where is a good place to find resource on Piaget, I don’t even see Piaget on WatchUSeek as a dedicated sub forum under brand
It is very difficult to find a reliable source of information on Piaget (with details on the older models) even in French. You can find some articles about the brand history, but not very well-developed.

Doxe

Reaction score
When the weather gets warm, does anyone feel the desire for a summer watch? One that is kind of trashy and pool / BBQ ready? I have never caved, but for some reason I always wish I was wearing something obnoxious. Like this:

View attachment 1975701
I'm a poor man's douche. But the classic "used car dealer" sleaze vibe has got to be the Rolex "bluesy". A personal favorite of the Pontiff himself, Archieluxury. I will be rocking this on the July long weekend BBQ with extended family.

bluesy2.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just find an older pre ceramic model. 2220.80 for blue, 212.30.41.20.01.002 for black. 41mm but wears compact.
I’m seriously considering a seamaster on a rubber strap. I just wish they made a 40mm version.

I have this rubber strap and the deployant clasp for my 2220.80. I'm not sure if Omega still makes this but an Omega Boutique might still be able to procure one.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HerbeWilk