• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1972253 View attachment 1972255

Any love for 18k Rolex Subs with a Serti dial? Someone in my family got very sick last year and gifted a watches thinking they wouldn't survive (they lived fortunately) but I still have this gold Submariner.

At first I thought it was maybe a little gawdy and weird to have a gold sub with a serti dial but now I can't take it off.

Edit: the crown is screwed down now unlike in my pictures
Never seen one of these before. I bet this looks much better in person than in photos. I understand your sentiment and think this is awesome. More photos please.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any love for 18k Rolex Subs with a Serti dial? Someone in my family got very sick last year and gifted a watches thinking they wouldn't survive (they lived fortunately) but I still have this gold Submariner.

At first I thought it was maybe a little gawdy and weird to have a gold sub with a serti dial but now I can't take it off.

Not a model suitable for full gold in my eyes, not to mention the gem markers.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's beautiful - I'm sure pics don't do it justice. Cheers to sum different!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See what happens when you watch the 24H of Le Mans? You find out about cool new Daytona's that you'll never be able to buy.

A special Cosmograph Daytona

Rolex is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the 24 Hours of Le Mans race with an original version of its legendary chronograph. Crafted in 18 kt white gold, this new watch sports a Cerachrom bezel in black ceramic; on the tachymetric scale, the number ‘100’ in red ceramic evokes the race’s centenary. Standing out against the bright black dial are intense white counters whose graphic design is inspired by a traditional Rolex dial. The Oyster case is fitted with a transparent back and an Oyster bracelet. This original timepiece is equipped with an exclusive movement, calibre 4132, which allows the hours of the chronograph function to be counted over twenty-four hours – another nod to the race – instead of the model’s usual twelve. This movement incorporates the Chronergy escapement, Paraflex shock absorbers, and bridges decorated with Rolex Côtes de Genève. The cut-out oscillating weight in 18 kt yellow gold is fitted with an optimized ball bearing. Like all Rolex watches, this special version of the Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona carries the Superlative Chronometer certification, which ensures excellent performance on the wrist.
Edit: Monochrome article:

professional-watches-cosmograph-daytona-m126529ln-0001_2302jva_001.jpg
professional-watches-cosmograph-daytona-m126529ln-0001_2302jva_002.jpg
professional-watches-cosmograph-daytona-m126529ln-0001_2302jva_005.jpg

126529LN_9.jpg
126529LN_11.jpg
126529LN_12.jpg
126529LN_13.jpg

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score

Do you dive with this treasure ?

C11_Rackham-2.jpeg

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feel this is rather unusual:
The Hourglass in Melbourne is my primary port of call, so-to-speak, for wristwatches. My sale assistant that usually looks after me - Rita - went on long-service leave (though not as long as a Rolex service) in April through to May. Found out by accident she has left The Hourglass to work at GRAFF - ring shopping :) - received no communication from The Hourglass as to inform me she had departed or who my new client manger is. Is that not rather unusual?
For a company that prides itself on client relationships, and considering I have been a customer for nearly 30 years, think that a rather abysmal manner on business.

Rita told me that The Hourglass have been telling her former clients, when they drop-in, that she has retired. Even more unusual.

Guess I’m just being a princess.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics