• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you direct me to the proper channels to request an expedited TWAT card, for which I’d also like to request authorization for all the latent “flexing” privileges therein…?
TWAT issues no such cards because it is lame. It’s more of a sticker, really. Anyone can TWAT, but few of us F.A.R.T. You have to apply, though. The cool part about our organization is that we issue all new members original Patek boxes and hand scribbled pictures of a 5811 on the inside. Just be prepared to show us your soft iron casings at our Waffle House meetings. @Texasmade can fill you in.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TWAT issues no such cards because it is lame. It’s more of a sticker, really. Anyone can TWAT, but few of us F.A.R.T. You have to apply, though. The cool part about our organization is that we issue all new members original Patek boxes and hand scribbled pictures of a 5811 on the inside. Just be prepared to show us your soft iron casings at our Waffle House meetings. @Texasmade can fill you in.
Who needs to be filled in at the Waffle House?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fiftysix was quite nice on my wrist. The boutique were even taking orders for the SS model.

52603998509_a9c6afb07e_b.jpg
Not a fan of the Fiftysix. Just an average offering from what is is part of "The Big Three." I don't think they were ever difficult to get even in steel. So taking orders for them isn't a big deal. They are probably sitting on a bunch of them in the vault. But ever since AP's Mr. Bennahamias basically said, "If it's readily available, then it isn't a luxury good"...a lot of the big names play silly supply games.
The Boston Rolex boutique was the same way last weekend. I remember reading that when it opened in 2021 it was the largest Rolex Boutique in the country at 4500 sq feet. I watched as the security dude turned away at least a half dozen people trying to get in without an appointment. Inside was packed with every seat taken. Note, I called at 11AM to schedule a 1PM appointment so it's not exactly difficult but it was still a mess.

Wonder if you could call ahead and set up a time to come in. Try discretely mentioning that you are in fact an UMC HNW baller or the assistant to the regional manager of F.A.R.T. Perhaps your styfo reaction score/message ratio would help?? Gotta get creative.
Hate to say it, I have visited that boutique several times and visited the same SA. Eventually, I heard one SA tell another person, unless you have a buying history at their jewelry store partner/ Longs, its unlikely you will see anything from them for a very very long time. I let the SA there know about watches I'm interested in about 2 years ago, and she wrote them down and still no call. So wishing you luck, but you might want to try elsewhere regardless of their size.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to say it, I have visited that boutique several times and visited the same SA. Eventually, I heard one SA tell another person, unless you have a buying history at their jewelry store partner/ Longs, its unlikely you will see anything from them for a very very long time. I let the SA there know about watches I'm interested in about 2 years ago, and she wrote them down and still no call. So wishing you luck, but you might want to try elsewhere regardless of their size.
Surprisingly I was there to pick one up. My Boston Boutique contact got me the Explorer 1 in two weeks. I sent an email late January and he had it Feb 10.

That said it’s far from a high demand watch but my history was a single watch purchase from him at Long’s about 5 years ago (Tudor).

The real test is when I ask him for a Daytona 😀. I don’t expect much.

Last edited:

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, Foo is a FART? FART is less selective than a Caribbean Patek AD?

Why is the iron casing always soft? Is that just relative to hardened steel? Seems a bit limp compared to the cock Texasmade is always going on about.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly I was there to pick one up. My Boston Boutique contact got me the Explorer 1 in two weeks. I sent an email late January and he had it Feb 10.

That said it’s far from a high demand watch but my history was a single watch purchase from him at Long’s about 5 years ago (Tudor).

The real test is when I ask him for a Daytona 😀. I don’t expect much.

Well even if that's not a Daytona, that's still a very good turn around time between your email and getting the watch. I was asking them for a GMT Pepsi (since I find that their most useful complication), but hasn't happened yet. Congrats again!

montecristo#2

Reaction score
Well even if that's not a Daytona, that's still a very good turn around time between your email and getting the watch. I was asking them for a GMT Pepsi (since I find that their most useful complication), but hasn't happened yet. Congrats again!

After the Daytona I’d imagine that is probably their longest wait time watch.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
While the luxury sport watches in the second hand market here lost about 30%, the new (just checked Rolex and Omega) retail price increased between 3 and 5% in 2023.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads