• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may have put one on hold with an appointment at the local boutique to check one out on Monday. ?
Looking forward to the full report. Seems like the blacked-out H08 would go well with your Zenith Shadow.

pmeis

Reaction score
Looking forward to the full report. Seems like the blacked-out H08 would go well with your Zenith Shadow.

Thaat one is cool, but I like a little bit more contrast. The saleswoman said they had two regular Ti ones on rubber straps, I’m not so sure that they are the regular Ti ones as she didn’t seem to have a full grip on the launch yet. Regardless, if I like the way it wears, I would assume they’ll be able to order one in my preferred configuration. I’ll report back.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thaat one is cool, but I like a little bit more contrast. The saleswoman said they had two regular Ti ones on rubber straps, I’m not so sure that they are the regular Ti ones as she didn’t seem to have a full grip on the launch yet. Regardless, if I like the way it wears, I would assume they’ll be able to order one in my preferred configuration. I’ll report back.

The one on the orange strap is my favorite, but I wonder how often I’d wear a watch with an orange rubber strap...?

pmeis

Reaction score
The one on the orange strap is my favorite, but I wonder how often I’d wear a watch with an orange rubber strap...?

Yeah, I’d need a second strap in that case for sure. I will wear an orange strap, but not full time.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strap changes from rubber to rubber look like a breeze because the spring bars are exposed.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chambray. Full cotton. Not fire tested.
BE905837-7834-4F35-AC74-7D38724D6D5D.jpeg

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those that have gone on waitlists - at just one AD or all of the local ones?

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From John Mayer to Joe Biden.

A septuagenarian small-c conservative and a crooner who would be employed on cruise ships for septuagenarians if people with some music taste had any say in it. Sorry, I understand the influence market is particularly segmented these days, but these two people are not tastemakers outside of suburbia. (Yes I woke up in a bad mood today; I'll reply to the rest after my first meeting.)

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm not a fan of the Hermes watches.

if their plan is "welp, nobody able to buy Nautillus, Aquanaut, or Royal Oak anymore, plus the Big Bang is ugly A-F ... why not tap that market?" - then I dig it.

I can see how some of their more distinctive models have features that can inspire such feelings.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A septuagenarian small-c conservative and a crooner who would be employed on cruise ships for septuagenarians if people with some music taste had any say in it. Sorry, I understand the influence market is particularly segmented these days, but these two people are not tastemakers outside of suburbia. (Yes I woke up in a bad mood today; I'll reply to the rest after my first meeting.)

yeah, the whole tastemaker and influencer thing I don’t understand. I get it for hair products, but luxury timepieces?

With Rolex, at least, I’ve always been more impressed by those who actually used them as they were intended (Edmund Hillary, George Bond).

1617877022971.png

With John Mayer? I’m more interested in how Katy Perry was in bed over his watch collection.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don’t personally think Joe Biden has any noteworthy taste, but tell that to all the people in this thread suddenly clamoring for blue dial Datejusts as if they suddenly found Jesus.

Whether you like him or not, John Mayer is one of the most influential streetwear figures in pop culture and one of the most influential watch collectors, period. What planet have you been on?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads