• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s remarkable just how different they are.
59BD4306-A9C8-470D-B638-134B5DB8B084.jpeg
9658AEA3-8DEB-4688-8FBD-1CBB78E11DB5.jpeg

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m primarily interested in the Cartier Tank Solo...I think it could be a fun little dress watch for the occasional black tie event or whatnot, but I don’t think I would wear a proper Tank Louis enough to justify the additional expense

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m a quartzaphobe, but I definitely appreciate some of the aesthetics used in some quartz watches (particularly Seiko).

yea this would mainly be for aesthetic purposes, I don’t know how often I would wear a proper dress watch

I’ve always been drawn towards mechanical movements too, but if it’s a solid case back, no seconds hand “tick” to give it away, i might consider it for a price friendly fill to a hole in the collection

ronscuba

Reaction score
I’m primarily interested in the Cartier Tank Solo...I think it could be a fun little dress watch for the occasional black tie event or whatnot, but I don’t think I would wear a proper Tank Louis enough to justify the additional expense
Have you tried it on ? I was considering the Tank. Ended up getting the Santos after having them on my wrist.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
curious how many of you have "nice" quartz watches (Cartier Tank Solo, Grand Sieko, etc.) in your collection or regular rotation?
Here’s the question I have: how much is a Cartier Tank quartz? Because if it’s like $4,000 or close to that, might as well pony up an extra $2-3k and get a Reverso, which is a much better watch. No?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s the question I have: how much is a Cartier Tank quartz? Because if it’s like $4,000 or close to that, might as well pony up an extra $2-3k and get a Reverso, which is a much better watch. No?

makes sense to me but it depends on who the customer might be.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the non-gold ones are $2400 MSRP, and ~1500 used.

the reverso is another option I’ll look into, but once we get into the 7-10K range, I’d want to have a more versatile watch that I would wear on a semi regular basis

Last edited:

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the non-gold ones are $2400 MSRP, and ~1500 used.

the riverso is another option I’ll look into, but once we get into the 7-10K range, I’d want to have a more versatile watch that I would wear on a semi regular basis
Gotcha. Although, I will say this, the Reverso is THE most versatile watch ever made (in my arrogant opinion). A single strap change and it goes from tuxedo watch to jeans and a t-shirt watch. It’s phenomenal. I wear mine in court and while drinking beer on my side porch in pj’s.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads