• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

officine

Reaction score
My first omega wristwatch. What are your thoughts? Please be honest. Do you like it? Do you not like it?
I love it. Simple three hand vintage Omegas are what a wristwatch looks like in my mind.

Congrats.

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even after 10 years I still adore this watch
5A89E700-252C-4253-A66E-7205BD7C89ED.jpeg

officine

Reaction score
I'm coming to this august body to see if anyone has familiarity with the Breguet 5907..specifically how it wears given its modest size. I have opportunity to procure one at a good price and find it stunningly beautiful; however, I've not been able to see one in the flesh. My sole concern is how it wears. My sweet spot for pure dress watches is 36mm-37mm. This is a 34.5mm diameter, with long flat lugs measuring 42mm lug-to-lug. My wrist size is 6.75" (171mm). I'm hoping someone on the thread owns or has owned the piece. Any feedback is appreciated.

Here is an example off the web:

View attachment 1608329
Gentlemen, an update from this post made on May 11th. After a few failed negotiations with Seller, we finally came to agreement. I think the fact that I was going to Europe this week motivated both of us. Seller is in different country than the one I'm visiting so he overnighted for me to pick up at the carrier. Just picked it up and am very, very please.

The stated 34.6mm sizing is absolutely not an issue. This wears like a 36mm. Thanks to all for encouraging me!

690FA1A3-EB81-4BE4-862D-6A2060413AA1.jpeg
200A62AE-D9C7-4E8C-ABBE-8AB1BFEDCBAE.jpeg
D5E655B0-8C5A-42E8-9B51-98E1165C30A1.jpeg
01DE422C-03F4-4E78-8747-2EE6399585D1.jpeg
D2D5EAF5-7CA1-4175-A186-B701E4213207.jpeg

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, an update from this post made on May 11th. After a few failed negotiations with Seller, we finally came to agreement. I think the fact that I was going to Europe this week motivated both of us. Seller is in different country than the one I'm visiting so he overnighted for me to pick up at the carrier. Just picked it up and am very, very please.

The stated 34.6mm sizing is absolutely not an issue. This wears like a 36mm. Thanks to all for encouraging me!

Awesome, the dial is gorgeous as is the back. Breguet is extremely underrated IMO. They offer a lot of bang for buck on the used market.

BTW re: size... I noticed the tradition is actually 38mm and not 37mm like it is advertised as when I measured it. I wonder if yours measures larger too? When I posted on another forum about the Tradition wearing large, someone had pointed that out, and I confirmed it which explained why it "wore large" lol.

officine

Reaction score
Awesome, the dial is gorgeous as is the back. Breguet is extremely underrated IMO. They offer a lot of bang for buck on the used market.

BTW re: size... I noticed the tradition is actually 38mm and not 37mm like it is advertised as when I measured it. I wonder if yours measures larger too? When I posted on another forum about the Tradition wearing large, someone had pointed that out, and I confirmed it which explained why it "wore large" lol.
Yes, it is very beautiful, thank you. The picture from my old phone doesn't capture the blue of the hands.

Regarding the sizing, you may be right. I don't have calipers with me but own enough watches to assess size visually. It immediately struck me as close to a 36mm watch. I will measure when I get back home. The Seller indicated that the watch had received tons of inquiries, and that almost all anyone wanted to discuss was the size. Likely why it didn't go sooner.

Btw, here is the picture he sent me that finally sold me on the purchase. Next to a 36mm PP Calatrava:
7A7B4D71-A761-40D0-B891-0EF4D82BF991.jpeg
D9B6BACF-F6B3-426E-9109-DE1B1115A3F2.jpeg
378810B2-B5AC-4D74-8BAC-3ED4C9C3725B.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1665793 View attachment 1665795 View attachment 1665796 View attachment 1665798 View attachment 1665799

Congrats! It definitely appears to wear larger than the measurements suggest. It doesn't look much different in size than the Patek, and the dial on the Breguet is far more beautiful. Congrats and enjoy it! :cheers:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1665793 View attachment 1665795 View attachment 1665796 View attachment 1665798 View attachment 1665799

Love the dial, hands, and the movement on this watch. It's a real beauty. You may want to open up the strap one hole, it looks like a tourniquet.

officine

Reaction score
Congrats! It definitely appears to wear larger than the measurements suggest. It doesn't look much different in size than the Patek, and the dial on the Breguet is far more beautiful. Congrats and enjoy it! :cheers:
Thank you. I actually sold a rose gold 5119 to fund this and some landscaping :)
Love the dial, hands, and the movement on this watch. It's a real beauty. You may want to open up the strap one hole, it looks like a tourniquet.
Ha ha. My wife says the same, but I like wearing my dress watches that tight. In any event, a more flexible navy cordovan strap is in its future. :slayer:

BlairW

Reaction score
Can I ask for anyone's thoughts or opinions, I'm trying to decide between a Tudor Prince Date with either the champagne or black dial??
TD0001.jpg
TD0010.jpg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I ask for anyone's thoughts or opinions, I'm trying to decide between a Tudor Prince Date with either the champagne or black dial??
View attachment 1666000 View attachment 1666001

Black I guess of those.

What are you looking to pay for one of those, if you don't mind me asking? I always felt like you could get a vintage datejust for not much more than those Tudors.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black I guess of those.

What are you looking to pay for one of those, if you don't mind me asking? I always felt like you could get a vintage datejust for not much more than those Tudors.

I think the vintage Datejusts with the acrylic crystal are the only good looking ones. The obvious problem is jubilee stretch.

BlairW

Reaction score
Black I guess of those.

Can get a brand new one for around $2800 USD. From what I’ve seen a reasonable datejust is still more than double that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads