• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I would look at Tricker's. They're (imo) much prettier than most of the alden models, while still working with the "MC-casual" look.

skintight

Reaction score
I've been looking for a pair of plain black leather boots that are a bit shiny instead of the distressed look, but I can't find anything that I want in my price range, which is realistically below $200 but preferably below $150.
I like these doc marten's but they're $230 plus shipping:

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Axelman 17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I would look at Tricker's.  They're (imo) much prettier than most of the alden models, while still working with the "MC-casual" look.

Appreciate the suggestion. Looked into Tricker's and not really feeling them. They look their design translates well into boot form but less so into a casual shoe. Some of the shoes just look too chunky for me.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
White's semi-dress boots in horween natural chromexcel, block heel, brass eyelets and vibram sole. Was on the fence vs. the oak street trench boots, but opted for these because the sole and heel is so much more substantial on the white's. I'm kind of tall (6'3) so the larger size looks better.

matt1985

Reaction score

Anyone familar, or heard of j shoes before? Never heard of them, but saw these while on holiday in Vietnam. The pair I really wanted wasn't in my size, so I got these instead. I don't think they look too bad, they will do the job until I buy some wolverines...

leeba

Reaction score
Looking for something similar to F+B 875, Buttero Work Boots, Moma stuff, etc...
Nothing too clunky, slightly bulbous toe. Lace-up.

Something like this, maybe slightly less sharp/sleek. In distressed/faded brown or grey.

Budget is around $200. Possible/wheretokawpasap? Might just get some MOMAs off yoox, a little pricy @ $200+ for what they are though imo

tread1963

Reaction score
Have to agree with Brad-t, raise your budget just a bit. You can find a pair of Wolverine Burtons for just over $200 and although not up to the quality of the rest of the 1000 mile line it does have a full goodyear welt and you can always replace the cheaper sole with a Vibram as I'm going to be doing with my recently purchased pair, have a look.
57664_1.jpg

Raise your budget.

I've been looking for a pair of plain black leather boots that are a bit shiny instead of the distressed look, but I can't find anything that I want in my price range, which is realistically below $200 but preferably below $150.
I like these doc marten's but they're $230 plus shipping:

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

whiskeytown

Reaction score
what kind of boot would you gents recommend to wear with slim/skinny fit jeans? I usually wear a desert boot in the spring/summer/fall but i'm having a hard time finding a boot more suited for winter, but still keeping a lower profile. any thoughts?

maltess

Reaction score
I got narrow feet, are Momas in the narrow side? This model looks a bit narrow in the photos but you never know

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every Moma I have seen has not been narrow; always mid-large width.

NDCs are narrow if that is what you are looking for.

Rooy

Reaction score
I have seen three different shapes/lasts used by MOMA. They offer one thats on the sleeker side. These have a rather squared toe and look quite bulbous. I think they are the same model that's available on yoox, but in a different leather/updated sole:
http://www.yoox.com/de/44477545OO/i...=sr_newarrivalsmen80&cod10=44477545OO&sizeId=
I can see them working if you really size down and fill out an otherwise elongated toe so to speak. Personally I am not a fan of this particular shape, I believe it's the same used on the reversed leather(?) derbies people purchased some time ago. IMO the least appealing last MOMA uses.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Financial-Ride-3279