• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio Meccariello posted a photo of "museum" she'll cordovan from Horween. Has anyone heard of this before, or is it most likely that he applied the mottling himself? He always seems to get the coolest rare and obscure leathers:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Antonio Meccariello posted a photo of "museum" she'll cordovan from Horween. Has anyone heard of this before, or is it most likely that he applied the mottling himself? He always seems to get the coolest rare and obscure leathers:

He has applied some thing to it I asked solegarb about it & nothing like that exist & then asked other US retailor also just as a back up they all said NO

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He has applied some thing to it I asked solegarb about it & nothing like that exist & then asked other US retailor also just as a back up they all said NO

Could it be the marbled cordovan that Ashland has quite frequently?

your guess is good as mine it can be that or Italian shell etc but definitely not horween not claiming to be an expert but sharing info that I was told from high end retailers.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could it be the marbled cordovan that Ashland has quite frequently?
It looks too even to be the marbled cordovan; that generally looks like a mottled byproduct of the dye not taking fully. This looks like an intentional process - maybe he convinced Horween to tie dye some shell for him!

But blue museum shell and shark is a baller combo.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@BackInTheJox
 , that's a nice collection. Would love to see all your wingtips together!!

Thanks! I'll try to either today or tomorrow. Jeez, I just counted in my head. Between boots and shoes: 8, not counting two more pending CJ GMTOs. And not counting the two Daltons I sold to make room for two Lindricks.

Last edited:

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

now you have the money to expand that collection appropriately

To be fair, that's just 8 wingtips (mostly shortwings). I recently passed on a GMTO longwing to possibly free up some funds for other holes in my collection.

But yes, now at least I have a real income. And still plenty of shoes/boots of interest out there. If only it wasn't for those loans to pay back.....

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brown AE Bradleys got the call today:

katch

Reaction score

Fantastic
1f44d-1f3fb.png

I've mulled over these for years. I like the design much more than Aldens NST. How do they fit compared to the Barrie lady from Alden?

Funny you say that. I too have thought about adding the Bradley, but I just like the stitching on the Alden NST so much more. I recently purchased the Alden NST boot on aberdeen and love the longer vertical stitching.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads