• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The SF MC FIFA WC FB 2010 SA Pool™

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would have finished higher, but I forgot to vote on the Uruguay v. Germany game.
facepalm.gif

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I originally went with the Dutch, but figured NOBD would be taking them no matter what, so my only choice to win (because the correct score wasn't enough to get me over) was to then go with Spain in hopes the other three in front of my went with the Dutch. Originally I doubted they'd do that so I thought I'd have to go with the Dutch. But they did. I messed up editing the score and forgot to switch it to Spain. I didn't check my picks before the game. I've had problems with that before. F me.

But this was fun. We should have done March Madness.

laughwithm3

Reaction score
i set up an ESPN pool for the last march madness, but not that many people joined
frown.gif
i have been a dutch fan since i was little so even though Spain was viewed a favorite of the match, i picked Neds anyway, i'm surprised that Vinnie and NOBD picked them too

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughwithm3
i have been a dutch fan since i was little so even though Spain was viewed a favorite of the match, i picked Neds anyway, i'm surprised that Vinnie and NOBD picked them too

I can't pool against my country.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe how badly I crashed and burned after the first round. ****, I was in first place at one point. Shows how much I know.
frown.gif

b

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice job, Ragazz'! Top 10 finish for me, and
censored.gif
those missed games I spaced on....
eh.gif

Forza Spagna!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughwithm3
good game guys

congratulations.

pm sent on the pool paprika.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I'd taken part - not that I'd have got anywhere
smile.gif

For those who can't wait four years, if anyone is interested I've set up a Premier League Fantasy mini-league. PM me for the entry code.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm in. And I predict I will suck at this. But I'll give it a go anyway.

Should there be a new thread?

b

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Okay, I'm in. And I predict I will suck at this. But I'll give it a go anyway.

I haven't seen any PL football in three years...

Fell in love with the Dutch?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
I haven't seen any PL football in three years...

Fell in love with the Dutch?

I've always liked the Dutch. Want the full story? Well, I'll give it to you anyway.
smile.gif

When I was little (7-8 yrs) we lived in W. Germany. Took a vacation to the Netherlands that I will never forget. Much later in life (mid 90s) I used to watch the Dutch league on ESPN in the afternoons, which is what got me into watching the game on tv. Fell in love with Bergkamp, the DeBoers, Overmars, and all the rest. (That's my memory anyway.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads