• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RLX009

Reaction score
Some recent crappy iphone pics of Park Avenues at work: :foo:

They're not the sleekest or sexiest, but they're comfortable and great for getting in >2-4 miles of steps around the hospital in a day.

Marks11

Reaction score
Wurger, I have just read through this thread in its entirety. Fantastic work. Appreciated the well researched details and the side-by-side comparison.

And wow, you really love your black cap toes!

I am completely the opposite, I own a single black pair, with the others all falling between the dark brown - red spectrum.

Do admit a mirror shine looks very good on a pair of black cap toes and not many can rival it.

SoleFreak

Reaction score
Some recent crappy iphone pics of Park Avenues at work:
foo.gif

They're not the sleekest or sexiest, but they're comfortable and great for getting in >2-4 miles of steps around the hospital in a day.

Hi, nice but what shoes are these? Value comfort over sleekness anytime of the working day.... BTW, I'm new to forum and kinda new to 'proper' shoes.

popdop

Reaction score
Been advised to post here.

Cheaney Harringtons in 9.5
Last: 6184

Too tight?

These feel fine around the toes/bottom of my foot, but relatively tight around the top/bridge of my foot. They wre a web order and I can return them quite easily - should I be looking at a wider fit or do they look ok?

APHK

Reaction score
Wear these lightly the first few times and the leather will stretch. Over time you will be able to close the V.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes look fine as they are, the V will get a little narrower but not by much. Wear them in good health.

popdop

Reaction score
I'm not sure what is going on with the previous post...

I'm actually taking these back as I think they're cutting off circulation to my foot a bit. Going to head to the Cheaney factory shop and see if I can get a proper fitting tomorrow.

APHK

Reaction score
Leather stretches and the insole compacts after a few wears. Shoes that fit just-right on first wearing become a bit loose and shoes that feel tight on first wearing become just-right.

I have had two pairs of Church and a pair of Vass start off too tight and are just perfect now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads