• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
bit of
spam[1].gif
, but since we are on the topic, i picked up one of the made in italy's the other day: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180867861087#ht_2602wt_1181

we will see how it does on the bay, bit of a guinea pig, since there is a set of 5 of them sitting at my local sleepy thrift

Good luck, but that's going to be a high opening bid for that shirt, imo

You guys all research what your selling before you list it right? The sweet spot seems to be $10-$15 but there are a bunch that dont sell at $9.99 + shipping.

Ebay completed listings http://www.ebay.com/csc/Casual-Shir...=200&_sc=1&_sop=16&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1514

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

For some reason this is stuck in my head. But I think you only have two options for selling on Etsy.
(1) If you make it yourself,
(2) If it's vintage.
I may be wrong.

Correct, but a lot of thrift finds are vintage :nodding:

Madroaster

Reaction score
I found my first HF today, but it was super old Boardroom and not my size so I left it behind, and I also found and left behind my first pair of Zanellas, double pleated, with significant piss staining. Also left behind a ZZegna suit; couldn't find the pants in the men's section and since it was only ZZegna I didn't bother going through the women's to not find them there either. I was busy and had lots of other things to do.

In the end I left with a pair of shoe trees and a tie. But holy wow--lots of great finds on the thread over the past few days!

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Got a E. Zegna tie, lots of Robert Talbott and Ike Behar ties. There were a ton of PRL ties as well, but I left them. At $1.50 is it worth picking them up? Even if I could only get 10/tie, that's easy money.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know there are some other nice Made in Italy golf type shirts...does anyone recall what they are?

Stewie

Reaction score

Barker Black is really nice English made (I think) shoes with a edgy twist (skull & crossbones, brass rivets, etc). The guys behind the company are younger. I remember reading an interview with them in a magazine. I've only seen BB once at Scoop NYC in Vegas. On sale a pair of loafers were $430-ish. Retail is $700+.

Actually DM7 should just go to their shop on Robertson in LA. I'm sure there's a thrift store nearby he can go to as well.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did somebody say Bobby Jones polos? Found 2 today for _Achilles, size large

The one on the right is made in Italy and has MOP buttons, the one on the left was made in Thailand or something

Allen Edmonds Sanfords in Walnut, size 9.5D, available... As you can see they're in rough shape a bit right now, but after some Reno'Mat and Renovateur I think they'll look great

A Lacoste Polo

An awesome vintage Woolrich buffalo plaid hunting jacket. It doesn't say Made in the USA in it, but I think it's from the era when they all were. I love the duck hunting printed lining and the game pouch in the back

Also a pair of Seven7 for all Mankind jeans, size 29

All of that is available... Also picked up a Lands End harrington for myself. Been looking for a good one for a while and this one will do for now. It's actually pretty nice, surprisingly. I also saw a Schott NYC harrington also size Medium that didn't seem as nice and was also made in China.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The one on the right is made in Italy and has MOP buttons, the one on the left was made in Thailand or something

Allen Edmonds Sanfords in Walnut, size 9.5D, available... As you can see they're in rough shape a bit right now, but after some Reno'Mat and Renovateur I think they'll look great

A Lacoste Polo

An awesome vintage Woolrich buffalo plaid hunting jacket. It doesn't say Made in the USA in it, but I think it's from the era when they all were. I love the duck hunting printed lining and the game pouch in the back

All of that is available... Also picked up a Lands End harrington for myself. Been looking for a good one for a while and this one will do for now. It's actually pretty nice, surprisingly. I also saw a Schott NYC harrington also size Medium that didn't seem as nice and was also made in China.

Hey man, don't want to be the bearer of bad news but from the picture that Lacoste polo looks fake (more pictures would help). Also those are seven7 jeans not seven 7 for all mankind. Two completely different brands. Sorry man! Keep up the good thrift.

Stewie

Reaction score

A Lacoste Polo

Woolrich is 80's, but hipster friendly.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

A Lacoste Polo

Was damn excited about those 7's (I wear 28 and 29s) until I opened up the pictures. Not a fan of all the crap on the back pockets
facepalm.gif

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know there are some other nice Made in Italy golf type shirts...does anyone recall what they are?

I know Dunhill makes some. Made in Italy. Quality seems decent imho. Dig picked me up a nice seafoam one a couple of weeks back. :fistbump: and I grabbed a godawful mercurized beige one that's too big for me and is currently doubling my money (and thus supporting my ability to trade with you all) on the Bay.
And, of course, Loro Piana makes some too. I picked up a ladies one recently. Also seems pretty quality imho, and the color is a nice nantucket red.

Wait, reall? I think I just threw out a bunch of my old Woolrich crap from the early 1990's. Dangit!

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey man, don't want to be the bearer of bad news but from the picture that Lacoste polo looks fake (more pictures would help). Also those are seven7 jeans not seven 7 for all mankind. Two completely different brands. Sorry man! Keep up the good thrift.

Argh! Stupid eBay searches brought up all Seven for all Mankind when I searched for seven7 jeans

Cool, thanks

Was damn excited about those 7's (I wear 28 and 29s) until I opened up the pictures. Not a fan of all the crap on the back pockets
facepalm.gif

Yeah, sorry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads