• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temujin

Reaction score
Interesting finds today: AE Woodstock loafers, RL Polo made in Italy loafers, Cole Haan made in Italy, and then suit after suit after suit! There were around 20 LeBaron suits & SC w/matching pants combos from the local men's shop and all 46 R, too big, unfortunately. Some very sharp stuff! I left a Lanvin suit and now that I have researched it, am cursing
frown.gif

At the next store I picked up 9 suits: HF, Majer, HF & Sons all in my size and a friend's size. Another suit from a local men's shop that had no maker tag, but it had a sheep on the content tag.

There was a Southwick with an obvious piss stain, interesting that it had an HF clasp--Does HF make Southwick and Corbin as well as Burberry's?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a gorgeous brown mini-houndstooth suit from Polo RL today. Made in USA. Very recent. Side vented, ticked pocket. Was part of a suit, sadly I could not find the trousers and the jacket fit me oddly. Had to pass on this one. Oh well. I did come across some guy's entire Tom James Innocenti suit/sportcoat wardrobe as well.

Temujin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Sheep on a weathervane? That's Norman Hilton--very good quality stuff.

3.jpg

Thanks! Saw some of those today too! Man I gotta do more research!

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
A great tragedy today. I came across a gorgeous check tweed HF Flight Coat (44L). It was the first I'd ever seen in the wild (I own one, but bought it from fellow thrifter tweedydon). Alas, there was a hole at the elbow, not a moth hole nor worn through. It looked to have been caught on something that caused a pull. It really could be repaired pretty much invisibly considering the check pattern on it, but I wasn't going to risk picking it up since it wasn't in my size. It was a real gem of a coat.

I did grab a pair of BB chinos that will come in handy.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
A great tragedy today. I came across a gorgeous check tweed HF Flight Coat (44L). It was the first I'd ever seen in the wild (I own one, but bought it from fellow thrifter tweedydon). Alas, there was a hole at the elbow, not a moth hole nor worn through. It looked to have been caught on something that caused a pull. It really could be repaired pretty much invisibly considering the check pattern on it, but I wasn't going to risk picking it up since it wasn't in my size. It was a real gem of a coat.

Yeah, and it's priced so reasonably for a Saver's too. Seriously, I looked at that today too, must have beat you there by a couple hours - I got excited about it as well until I realized that hole was there
frown.gif
. Was a pretty rad 60's HF suit there too, the color was a deal killer for me though.

illeagle

Reaction score
yesterday in alexandria:

NWT J Crew ladies wool blazer $5
Versace silk sports coat, recent label $6
Armani Collezioni linen sports coat, recent label $6
Brooks Brothers fully canvassed 3-roll-2 suit $20
and a decent cotton/cashmere blend v-neck sweater NWT $3

Temujin

Reaction score
Here is a link to the stuff I mentioned yesterday. There is a brown Polo RL SC 40 S, it is cashmere or camel hair. A Norman Hilton, HSF Gold Trumpeter, a larger size Oxxford that I mentioned a few weeks ago. It is sz 48, I think. A Majer, an H. Freeman & Sons, a Cardin Couture. ( I pass on a lot of Cardin, but this one has pick stitching at least in the collar, and it is a grey pinstripe. The stripes are actually 3 that are very close together.) And a bunch of Hickey Freemans. Also a Versace tie. All are my size 42 R/L, ( except the PRL, and the Oxxford) but I am keeping the Norman Hilton, the brown HF & Sons, they green pin stripe HF, the gray windowpane HF and the Cardin for sure. http://img185.imageshack.us/g/......026j.jpg/

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC

If that was in your size, it would have been a perfect candidate for having a tailor put on leather elbow patches...

Temujin

Reaction score
oops again! I think my link is not working!

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBC
A fake shirt is better than what I came across today - a Paul Stuart suit. The jacket looked excellent, held up the pants and saw the huge urine stain. Delightful
facepalm.gif
People, please, if you urinate in your clothes, please don't donate them to Goodwill.

Use a Tide stick and flip it son!

mrcold

Reaction score
i just finished reading this whole thread.... took me more than a week.

Now to find a thrift store
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads