• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhazard

Reaction score
Found this not too long ago...

Does anyone have any idea what this material might be? There were zero composition tags on it. It seems to be almost like a camel hair, but not. Very plush like cashmere...anyone?

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barrel what's this 20 dollar coupon for ?
Gustin or ub?

Man too bad the supwrheavy is funded!

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know you've been waiting on pins and needles for these, but here they finally are GMMcL. Thrift-ish fit (please ignore end-of-day wrinkles) PRL Blackwatch (eBay) Barba Napoli (eBay) HF Wool/Cashmere (TJMaxx) JCrew (thrift) Alden (thrift funded)
Love the jacket! I'm still on the hunt for one myself.

Lirum

Reaction score
Found this not too long ago...

Does anyone have any idea what this material might be? There were zero composition tags on it. It seems to be almost like a camel hair, but not. Very plush like cashmere...anyone?

Is this the YSL I should be looking for? Passed on a YSL that had a black label with the first capital letters of YSL in red. Seemed like a cheap SC to me.

Last edited:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this Canali a couple weeks ago and trying to get listed. Nice surprise, its actually nicer than I knew when I picked it up.

Plush wool, with more of a camel feel. 42R. 3 patch pockets, including the Barchetta chest pocket. Fabric by Zegna. Actual Tortoise shell buttons.

BTW, After my wife saw the engagement ring in the pocket of the earlier post, she came down to rifle thru all the pockets of the thrifted coats.......until I related Spoo's "crusty" condom story.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picked up this Canali a couple weeks ago and trying to get listed. Nice surprise, its actually nicer than I knew when I picked it up.

Plush wool, with more of a camel feel. 42R. 3 patch pockets, including the Barchetta chest pocket. Fabric by Zegna. Actual Tortoise shell buttons.

BTW, After my wife saw the engagement ring in the pocket of the earlier post, she came down to rifle thru all the pockets of the thrifted coats.......until I related Spoo's "crusty" condom story.

Whatever you do leave the button content deets out of your listing. It will get kicked.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not worth a crazy amount. Maybe $30-$50? I'd estimate it dates from the early to mid 80's. Certainly not a bad pickup.

Thanks Nat! No value necessary! I don't want anyone up in arms. I was just curious what it was. Its like a hybrid jacket. Really heavy wool with a blanket liner, suede and leather on the collar, Made in the USA. Seemed like a cool piece. Unfortunately a little large for me but I figured someone might want it.

yeah, my wife was laying on the sofa. makes me look like a giant! and the pants are slimmer than they look.
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
i'm game... so when is the first "Thrift fit Battle"?

I think your fit sucks too can I play?
fight[1].gif

Today:

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do leave the button content deets out of your listing. It will get kicked.
WOW. Why is that? It is printed on the label.

"BOTTONI IN TARTARUGA"

I will instantly accept your word on it, but I don't get it if its printed on the label of the coat.

futuremyth

Reaction score

"BOTTONI IN TARTARUGA"

I will instantly accept your word on it, but I don't get it if its printed on the label of the coat.
I believe because there are restrictions on selling goods made from certain types of animal materials (usually from endangered species).

Harvitz81

Reaction score

"BOTTONI IN TARTARUGA"

Tortoise Shell and Ivory (even if noted as pre-ban) get auto kicked out of ebay listings.

Just don't use those two words/phrases and you are good.

Last edited:

stevenkmason

Reaction score

Man for someone who just wrote out a long rant about skinny jeans apparently being out of style, those pants are HUGE on you.

Ooookillinem

Also, not a great picture of the suit because it was for a profile on my work's website...but I just got this back from the tailor and wanted to show if off and HUGE THANKS TO DAHL5YANKEES ON THIS ONE. Nicest fabric I've ever felt and it fits me. I'm in the process of moving right now but once I finish unpacking I have finds and shout outs to post.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think your fit sucks too can I play?
fight%5B1%5D.gif

Today:

Yup, you can play. all can play. just we can only vote for someone other than ourselves. and game on!!!!!
cheers.gif

aren't your ankles cold?

fack, we need a whole thread for this.........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads