• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How would you have gotten in then :puzzled: Oh yea, you wouldn't have.. it's the Internet, take a deep breath and relax.

+1.

When I first started surfing (just one of my myriad hobbies beyond mothy, nitrate-infused wool) a guy saw me eager to catch every wave. He pulled me aside and said "hey, you gotta share. Don't worry. The ocean will always make more waves."

To some extent, and from some perspectives, we play a zero sum game. But personally I'd rather have empty hands and a full heart than the opposite.

That said: Keep the faq off my lawn.

:lol:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nice to know they'll mark them down that far. All the BB they had inside the city left long ago.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey remember when we started a separate forum?

Those were the day.

That would be interesting. Would this then be the gateway thread to B&S?

Wasn't this tried awhile ago? Didn't work out. Screening, it seems to me, leads to stagnation with such a tiny community.
Plus the other thread duplicated this one. I know there was some confusion of what to post where and why do double the work.

amazing how easily people in this thread seem to forget that this isn't their forum, or their thread...

How would you have gotten in then
puzzled.gif
Oh yea, you wouldn't have.. it's the Internet, take a deep breath and relax.

Lol, don't mind me, as I was talking nonsense and trolling. This is the "interwebs" after all. Please don't take everything I say seriously. There's plenty to go around as we are all from different regions of the country. But just to answer your obvious rhetorical question, Brian, new people COULD be invited to the forum on a referral basis. But again, that's just me talking nonsense. After all, had the OGs such as J or Tokyo Slim made this thread private (doubt this will be fine with SF), non of us would of being here and dare I say, a big player like Spoo probably won't be where he's at today.
nest.gif

I do want to say one thing though, lurkers, please feel free to post and share your hauls on here. Don't be afraid to get ridiculed. We all learn and are still learning. Peace!

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure spoo got big without the thrift thread, but I'd rather see some hauls than debate that.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One for the horrible fakes...

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa. Stay warm, East Coasters. I'll see if I can pick up your slack out here on the West Coast, GM-H.

Last night I reached my first entry on this thread after starting to read from the the initial post a few months back. I guess I can finally stop picking up all those Christian Dior ties.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like i'm not going thrifting today...
Even with all the snow...looks like you live in a gorgeous area GM-H All you folks hit by this storm....be safe.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

subscribed. good stuff.
Thanks!
Also, long overdue giant shout out to gmmcl for the proxy on that super SICK RLBL cashmere shawl cardigan. Something I've been looking for for a long, long time. (Pic obvious does it no justice)
Looks awesome! I have to ask though, is that your hair at the top of the picture?! If so, how long did it take you to grow it out like that??
Looks like i'm not going thrifting today...
Snowmageddon '13
Wow, unreal. I can't wait for spring and just seeing piles of snow like that is mildly depressing!
And be careful shovelling. That's heavy snow - heartache inducing.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads