• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
You people need to post fit pics galore once you get your goods.

+1

That double rider is doooope

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klemins
do you think you'll end up getting different zipper teeth colors or would they be to expensive? I'm considering the black or grey.

I've had a couple people ask, but I haven't seen any ready-made black teeth zippers that are of the right size and quality I require to put into this jacket (this leather is too nice to put anything but the best zippers I can find, it deserves it)... and custom ordering them (if it's even an option) is just too cost prohibitive for 2-3 jackets. A custom zipper run might cost me $1500 to get all my sizes and lengths for the jackets, so a custom order is out of the question there too.

For now, you guys gotta bear with my limited zipper choices, I'm putting better zippers on these things than a lot of established brands put on their clothes, but basically, for each color of leather, there is only one default zipper color. They will all look similar, it'll be gunmetal colored teeth for all but the colors that it might clash with.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
TOJ1 - double or single zip? should I PM you with sizing q's?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
theoretically it's possible to get a two way reversible zipper (it's just a matter of the zipper pull having a nose on both sides, with pulls) but reversible zippers are really so far and few between, they were a real hassle to get. I have a dark almost-black bronze YKK that goes on the TOJ1's and it's the only choice.

Junya uses YKK zips on his reversibles too, the pull design he uses though is the same one I use on the two-way single-sided zipper I use on the leathers.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
also, TOJ1's might be phased out once I get an updated varsity jacket out. I plan on refreshing the materials and making something a little more traditional this time.

lovelysteve

Reaction score
Will it come back later? i was hoping to get it one day but i don't need another jacket right now, **** southern hemisphere.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
here's a few of the production TOJ2 series Double Rider's in calf (1, left) and two in washed lamb on the right. I've measured them all up and they're coming out pretty damn accurately, measurement wise, based on the measurements I get given to me by people. (I didn't put the hanger chains in before I took this picture but I hand sewed them in myself before I sent them out. The calf jacket can't get a hanger chain because it's a 5 lb jacket and it'd surely rip the lining out if you tried hanging a calfskin one from the chain :p)
vrvrdd.jpg
close up to show the calf vs. washed lamb (the wrinkles in the lamb will relax when worn and the jacket takes your wrinkles and shape, it's not a permanent effect of the wash)
o0c840.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelysteve
Will it come back later? i was hoping to get it one day but i don't need another jacket right now, **** southern hemisphere.

it will probably rear it's head again in some form or another, I really liked the idea of the jacket so I will be ready to do it again later.
wink.gif
It's just getting a little cold/hot for that jacket now, depending on your hemisphere...

Lachy

Reaction score
Washed lamb looks awesome. Do you do washed calf? Love the look of those double riders, don't think I can pull it off though. Moto is more my steeze.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
thanks guys. I don't have washed calf right now because I have to throw the whole hide into the washer for one of my steps, and a cow side is too big to get in there, I have a little drum washer, haha. I might go see about this local laundromat I saw up the street.

I forgot to take a pic of the back of the jackets but they look cool too, I don't do the box pleat as on the sample, I put the gusseted swingarm sleeve backs on them (a la the Bomber sample) with the same semicircular panel at the bottom, so the backs of these Double Rider's are like 7 pieces, it's the hardest jacket to put together (and also pattern cut for, but the results have been good so far)... I like the way the belt looks now, lowered, double faced, and with the snap-off belt loops. It's a complete jacket now.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
also, TOJ1's might be phased out once I get an updated varsity jacket out. I plan on refreshing the materials and making something a little more traditional this time.

That's too bad. It was a good jacket and from what i heard wearable for moderately cold weather. Would still be good for mild winter days during the daytime. Then just switch to ToJ leather or ToJ winter coat at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads