• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OliverM

Reaction score
Just to say: I picked up a sweater yesterday and was told that they are discontinuing the asymmetric jacket (001). So if you were on the fence about ordering one, now would be the time! Disappointing; it's a favorite of mine, but can't really justify another at the moment.

OliverM

Reaction score
Sort of. I was told they wanted to keep things fresh (and that it's not a sales issue).

I suppose they no longer sell the car coat, so it's not entirely without precedent. Then again, I was never so keen on that model. The asymmetric jacket was what brought me to Stoffa. Genuinely sad!

Also seems odd that they can't continue to offer given the made to order model. Then again, maybe production can only economically cover so many different models.

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was told way back when they removed the car coat that they were re-working it. I was never big on it either so no biggie, but I agree on the asymmetrical one. I mean it’s model 001. That’s one of the things I like with smaller brands like Stòffa, a permanent collection, no rush to buy things etc. Oh well..

OliverM

Reaction score
I agree. It also seems very sudden: I was told that I would need to order there and then...which is rather rushed for an item at that price!

ahtynes

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I'm pretty surprised but it's also consistent with their philosophy of limited offerings. It wouldn't surprise me if they rotate it out, and maybe back in eventually. It also suggests there might be something else on the way.

Unrelated, but can anyone speak to how well the basketweave cotton keeps a crease?

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. It also seems very sudden: I was told that I would need to order there and then...which is rather rushed for an item at that price!
I’d buy it now if I could, but they haven’t had a trunk here in 9 months.. hoping they’ll return soon and that they’ll stiff offer it. Seems very strange to me to remove one of three foundation models but what can you do..

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I'm pretty surprised but it's also consistent with their philosophy of limited offerings. It wouldn't surprise me if they rotate it out, and maybe back in eventually. It also suggests there might be something else on the way.

Unrelated, but can anyone speak to how well the basketweave cotton keeps a crease?
To me, it’s the fabric that’s been limited but not the models. I always viewed it as it’s a small but permanent collection.
Oh and on the basketweave, it holds creases well for a cotton trouser but it’s still a cotton trouser, so some maintenance ironing is needed from time to time.
Out of the cottons I’ve tried from them (cavalry twill, water repellent, peached and basket) it’s second best after the water repellent ones.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that sucks. That's the model I was hoping to get but I haven't been able to get to a trunk show yet.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted customer service and they confirmed that both the asymmetric jacket and asymmetric coat are being removed from the collection. Really strange as I find these to be their most unique and stand-out pieces.

I voiced my disappointment with this and asked the customer service rep to pass on my feedback if possible. She said it was not impossible that they would be offered again some time in the future but that there were no plans to do so.

I'd encourage any of you with similar feelings to shoot customer service an email and let them know. Maybe if enough people contact them we'll see these jackets again in time

joacimbylehn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also reached out by email and got confirmation they’re taking final orders right now. I wish they would’ve given it one trunk per location at least, especially with their sparse schedule last year.

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about pulling the trigger an a raglan coat in natural wool but haven’t decided between the taupe solid or cream/brown houndstooth

B80527B9-F651-43F8-885B-0D679E27DCEF.jpeg
74A1981A-9FBD-412B-83E0-25787A6A9FAC.jpeg
9557053C-888F-42BC-BC0A-8B766E456674.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads