***The official LVC thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Since we don't have an official LVC thread I decided to start one.

First of all why isn't this shit available here and what are your favorite models? What do you wish they would reproduce from their archives and this is not limited to jeans. Post any and everything LVC here, the more pics the merrier. Thanks for playing.

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

this thread from you? wow. surprising to say the least

3. robin

robin Senior member

this thread from you? wow. surprising to say the least
    lol. It's 2am in the morning and I thought I was dreaming when I saw this. The 1947 > all other models.

4. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

My favourite of what I own are the 501 37, really great cut and details. Otherwise, what I want to see reprod again are the 1886 and 1901 duck pants!

5. modual

modual Senior member

47's are my favourites out of what i've tried. Really need to try the 1966 501 and 1967 505.

6. Shorty Long

Shorty Long Senior member

My 1944s. Started out raw/rigid. The '44s are my favorite, but I also like the '37. [​IMG]

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

^Looks good.

I've always been turned off to LVC because the size/model differences are maddening and I'm not dedicated enough (too lazy) to figure it out.

8. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I really would like a pair of the 66 505's, really like the cut and regardless of your aesthetic every American needs atleast one great pair of Levis IMO.

9. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^Looks good.

I've always been turned off to LVC because the size/model differences are maddening and I'm not dedicated enough (too lazy) to figure it out.

In 33s and 37s, I have had good luck with getting my true waist size + 2 inches in length. I guess they are somewhat oversized from the beginning, and shrinks down to around tagged size.

10. CodeRed

CodeRed Senior member

A quick break down on how the yrs/styles fit would be very helpful. I have Iron Heart's 634s that are my go to jean, but it is just to hot in SoCal to get much use out of them these days, so looking for something similar in a lighter weight denim. Any advice would be much appreciated.

11. nocoolonesleft

nocoolonesleft Senior member

It's stupidly difficult to find LVC in/around Chicago [​IMG]

12. Shorty Long

The late 19th/early 20th century models are usually made of the lightest-weight denim and have a fuller cut.

cultizm.com has a pretty extensive collection and decent descriptions of cut and denim weight

A quick break down on how the yrs/styles fit would be very helpful. I have Iron Heart's 634s that are my go to jean, but it is just to hot in SoCal to get much use out of them these days, so looking for something similar in a lighter weight denim. Any advice would be much appreciated.

13. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Senior member

There are two threads on superfuture that will tell you all you want to know

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=14314
    http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...ad.php?t=34010

14. Shorty Long

As far as I know, LVC is no longer available in the US, unless you can find old stock...people were tracking down '47s on clearance at various Levi stores across the country, but that's been a while ago.

It's stupidly difficult to find LVC in/around Chicago [​IMG]

15. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

I could have sworn there was a wonderful SuperDenim thread with this info, but I can't find it anymore.