1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

2. gramercyyork

gramercyyork Well-Known Member

I wasn't intending to post on this thread to talk clothing, rather more about food. But, we are a recent affiliate vendor and our shop is located about 15 mins from LAX.

8568 Washington Blvd
    Culver City

I think it depends on where you are staying. The game is at the Rose Bowl, so out there you do have Mohawk General, they have a lot of nice stuff. If you have a car, that will obviously help with how much you can get around. Someone suggested Abot Kinney and that's a good call cause you'll have a bunch of stores and restaurants all on one street.

3. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

Nope. But Jet is right, Venice is only about 10-15 minutes away sans traffic. If it's not too late to change your hotel, do it. NOTHING to do/see by the airport

4. blahspam

blahspam Senior member

Yeah ditto what these guys are saying... The area immediately around LAX is meh. Head 15 minutes in almost any direction and you'll come away much happier with your LA experience.

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Can you guys recommend some dope places around the greater LA or OC area that can accommodate vegans? I'm willing to go as far up as the calabasas area. Preferably a semi to quiet area so conversations can take place. Only parameter from me is no sushi, only cooked foods.

Thanks in advance.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

7. wj4

wj4 Senior member

8. jet

jet Senior member

order a big juicy burger with extra bacon

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Cafe Gratitude in Larchmont Village and Flore Vegan in Silverlake are my favorites.

10. melwoesblvd

melwoesblvd Senior member

Soul bowl @ that other vegan spot in silver lake is amazing

11. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Will use cheat meal for that, man. Haha.

Thanks, dudes. Will eventually go to those places :)

12. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

BOOM!

....and if you are willing to slum it out to the Valley, Vinh Loi Tofu in Reseda

13. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yummy place. Been around these parts since 2003.

14. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Anyone know when the fred segal sale starts?

15. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Damn I was in Reseda today should've check this thread earlier.

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Reviving the thread since it's dineLA been pretty disappointing so far

Had spago tonight and what a joke. Probably the most uninspired meal I've had in a while. Plus they seated us 20 minutes late (although every restaurant has been late by at least 10 min). Also bartender was a fucking asshole, I ask him what bourbons they have he says they have all so I give him about 5 and he doesn't know the bourbon or doesn't have it. He then says he has Hudson but I say I don't want it just give me a double black label and just a little bit of ice. Fucker pours the smallest double I've ever seen then says wow that's a lot of whisky you sure you don't need more ice? Unbelievable attitude and service. And he freaking asked me for ID then acted like it was fake. Yes I'm not 40 in a fused suit and square toe shoes like everyone else in the bar but still kinda unbelievable. I don't mind getting asked for ID as I'm 23 but still can't believe him. Thinking back shouldn't have given him a tip at all

17. jet

jet Senior member

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Not funny, what a waste of $350

Also fucking oysters shucked terribly and tasted old as fuck and parts of shell in two of them. I don't expect that much but damn I just don't get it

Maybe it's just dine LA since I went to French place I always go to and it was first time they messed up food and seating but still

19. badsha

badsha Senior member

Complain to management about the service. I had a bad experience at Mastro's in BH and was give a gift card to come back and dine on their dime. Dropped about $350 also.

20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I live near the Cafe Gratitude in Venice. The food is OK, but the mandatory serving of sanctimonious faux spirituality makes me choke. In my head, my answer to the "question of the day" is always: "Fuck you."

Recently ate at Sage, which was decent. Not a huge fan of Feed on Abbott Kinney (not terrible, just mediocre with poor service), but if definitely accommodates vegans.

Sage: http://www.yelp.com/biz/sage-organic-vegan-bistro-culver-city