• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jfb

Reaction score
I just received my first pair of Carmina Adelaides in the Simpson last.

Salvatore Ferragamo Loafers 11 EE – great fit
Salvatore Ferragamo split toe 11.5 EE – slightly big
Carmina Adelaide Simpson 10.5 UK – great fit

My size on the Brannock foot sizing device they have at Harry Rosen is exactly US 11.5D for my right foot and a tiny bit shorter on the left foot.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

JJRADICK

Reaction score
How does Rain Lasted Carmina loafer fit?
I wear oxford and derby in rain last. The heel is a little loose but the lacing system keep my feet secure. If I switch to loafer, will the loose heel be a problem?

Tsar

Reaction score
Hello,

Guys can you please explain difference between Forrest and Sineu/Eutam/Rain Last. I own a pair of loafers in a size 10 UK in Forest last, they fit great and I wonder if one more pair in Rain/Sineu/Eutam last will be proper choice for me.

Best,
Alexander

DL5392

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am keen on getting my first pair of Carmina's however im unsure of the sizing. My feet is wide, Brannock is around US8.5EE. What last can i fit in? From what i heard Rain EEE, Detroit and Oscar is my best bet, anyone can chime in?

analogdays

Reaction score
I have a similar question to the one above. My Brannock measurement is 8E and size 7.5EE Allen Edmonds shoes on the 65 last fit me.

Assuming that 7UK is the proper length, should I be looking at the standard or wide (EEE) width on the Rain last?

AbeEz

Reaction score
How does Rain Lasted Carmina loafer fit?
I wear oxford and derby in rain last. The heel is a little loose but the lacing system keep my feet secure. If I switch to loafer, will the loose heel be a problem?
I have Rain Monk Strap and Rain Loafer. The Monk strap is size 9.5 and the loafer is 9 and I still had slipping issues in the beginning with the loafer even though it is not to big at all, and is medium width. Get a tongue pad. Also the slipping gets less over time.

gianm

Reaction score
I fit well into a 7UK Uetam (suede loafer). I have another pair in 7.5UK and while they fit, there is too much heel slip with thin socks. I have a 7.5 UK Inca which is generally ok but is a bit tight in the forefoot (pinky toe feels discomfort later in the day). Would people suggest 7.5UK in Rain and Simpson?

svf

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Carmina Balix last (e.g., as seen here)? My default size is 10 US, and a UK 9 in Meccariello's Aeris line. I don't think the Balix is as slim as the Simpson. Would that mean sticking with a UK 9?

S8ntNick

Reaction score
Time for an upgrade to Carmina. The last good shoe I bought was 1984 AE Oxford Wingtip 5 Last 10.5D. ( which I still have) Brannock has me listed as a 10.5 EE US and the AEs are now tight across the arch and width, a little loose in heel but that might be due to extreme age and multiple factory reworks. I do have a high arch, obviously wide foot with narrow heel. I'll need a good toe box since I have some hammer toe issues also. I tried on some Park Avenue, 11EE that were tight on arch.

From what I've read it would seem that Detroit 10 EEE might be correct? Any help would be great.

dave_rawitat

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Carmina Balix last (e.g., as seen here)? My default size is 10 US, and a UK 9 in Meccariello's Aeris line. I don't think the Balix is as slim as the Simpson. Would that mean sticking with a UK 9?

I have a pair on that last. Here's how they actually look.

In my experience, while it's not as narrow as Simpson, it's still a narrow last. I take my Simpson size (i.e., half size up).

For your reference, I'm a US 10.5D (albeit on smaller side, meaning I can wear 10D and 10.5C without much problem). I take 9.5 Rain, 10 Simpson, 10 on all A.Meccariello lasts that I have (B05, Chisel2, Mayfair2, Hawksbill). I, hence, take 10 Balix. A 9.5 should fit, but would be comparatively uncomfortable.

Hope this helps.

DSCF2455.jpg

awa

Reaction score
I receive my carmina UK10.5 Forest shoes. But unfortunately they did not fit well. Which last should I order now?

Attachments

• IMG-20191030-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20191030-WA0003.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 2,848
Last edited:

zag73

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I receive my carmina UK10.5 Forest shoes. But unfortunately they did not fit well. Which last should I order now?
Looks like you have a high instep. Maybe try rain. You’d be better off posting on the official Carnina thread. You can then get Carnina to post last comparison diagrams.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads