• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

green bastard

Reaction score

"The Horror! The Horror!"

How does Heart of Darkness relate to anything mentioned in this thread?

Are there more pics of these old Augusta boots?
img2885hf7.jpg

Edgein

Reaction score
Sorry, I was very affected by the tragedy in Colorado. Very sad indeed. Not the right place, but I was commenting on Sinn's avatar. Back to the thread. Regardless of the styling, Augusta's are so well made and hit my esthetic on the button. I wish I could own many. What are the group's opinion on zip, side or back v lace up? Most seem to like one or the other. Trying to make up my own mind and am curious why you all like one over the other.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a second email from Roma boutique saying they would sell to overseas but with various conditions (only after payment transferred to their account from the credit card, no returns, buyer covers shipping over 50 Swiss Franks / ~US$50). Total price for these Guidi's below was quoted at 1098 Swiss Franks or US$1112. Price seems pretty competitive actually.

its about msrp for guidi

This is on the expensive side when getting from Europe. You could get it for $150+ less. Plus, you might get hit with customs if the full value is declared.
PNP is great for purchasing, but I don't know if they have the model you are looking for.

Sorry, I was very affected by the tragedy in Colorado.  Very sad indeed.  Not the right place, but I was commenting on Sinn's avatar.  Back to the thread.  Regardless of the styling, Augusta's are so well made and hit my esthetic on the button.  I wish I could own many.  What are the group's opinion on zip, side or back v lace up?  Most seem to like one or the other.  Trying to make up my own mind and am curious why you all like one over the other.

Very sad and tragic indeed.

To answer your question, I like them all and I have a pair of each type, not all A1923 though. I just don't like front zips.
Keep in mind on some models, the back zip can rub against your foot on every step.

Which models are you considering?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How does Heart of Darkness relate to anything mentioned in this thread?
Are there more pics of these old Augusta boots?
img2885hf7.jpg

i posted some pics of the black ones many pages ago, i can repost later on.

Sorry, I was very affected by the tragedy in Colorado.  Very sad indeed.  Not the right place, but I was commenting on Sinn's avatar.  Back to the thread.  Regardless of the styling, Augusta's are so well made and hit my esthetic on the button.  I wish I could own many.  What are the group's opinion on zip, side or back v lace up?  Most seem to like one or the other.  Trying to make up my own mind and am curious why you all like one over the other.

fucked up, thats all it is

This is on the expensive side when getting from Europe. You could get it for $150+ less. Plus, you might get hit with customs if the full value is declared.PNP is great for purchasing, but I don't know if they have the model you are looking for.

i was going with usa msrp (my bad), if you go with pn/p then yeah about 150+ less and could possible be special orderd by luigi

Last edited:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more from Layer-0- I think the derby and ankle boot are my favorite from the collection. There seems to be a shorter heel that some models use.

7dc8304a.jpg

P721481449389204.jpg

P721481449389207.jpg

P721481449389202.jpg

P721481449389201.jpg

P721481449389205.jpg

P721481449389203.jpg

P721481449389206.jpg

P721481449389209.jpg

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Liking the brown ones for own diversity reasons

P721481449389206.jpg

This one looks real nice from the few photos

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/\/\ Looks gorgeous, but I wonder when will they start using different shapes. It's the same thing every season, which is starting to get old.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics