• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm not sure what vibram model, I'm quite sure they are pretty standard- Those were done by Firm in NYC, I usually just ship my boots to him.

the firm has become known more for the name than anything else. they are slow as ****. i started going to an old italian guy on 27th between 5th and 6th who is much quicker, cheaper and does an equally good job.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the love of brand gets doesn't necessarily translate to quality footwear. Guidi for example obviously has a large following, and is high quality stuff but on the other hand there's also rick owens who has some of the worst quality shoes for the price, yet a loyal fanbase (I own 2 pairs lol).
In Aische is quality stuff, both in design and construction. The boots are really well made, I wouldn't have a problem putting them up there with the big boys, especially when we have even CCP **** with issues even. Having said that I wouldn't pay retail because I would just capitalize on other people who share your misguided opinion and wait for someone to sell them used for really low, which has happened but not my size ;/

i don't see what it being well known here matters

as always you guys missed my point

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the firm has become known more for the name than anything else. they are slow as ****. i started going to an old italian guy on 27th between 5th and 6th who is much quicker, cheaper and does an equally good job.

quality workmanship, but as far as customer service goes....

sucks

dude tried to not put the heel taps that they charged me for. Not to mention he was rude as **** and pointed to an ATM and turned his back on me when I refused to pay with cash cuz I didn't have much on me. Only dude that lets me use credit card is the guy who speaks better english and isn't a anachronistic tool.

btw, whats the name of the place you're going to? I need to have the leather re-stiched to my sole on my combats soon.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maybe

but I trusted them cuz I knew they were familiar with rick footwear so they're less likely to do something im gonna dislike. They brought out a vibram that had the same ridges as the rick sole too, which was good. Only problem was he didnt add taps when he charged me for em...

lets say some dude put a lugsole on my ****, I wouldnt be happy...

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

quality workmanship, but as far as customer service goes....
sucks
dude tried to not put the heel taps that they charged me for. Not to mention he was rude as **** and pointed to an ATM and turned his back on me when I refused to pay with cash cuz I didn't have much on me. Only dude that lets me use credit card is the guy who speaks better english and isn't a anachronistic tool.
btw, whats the name of the place you're going to? I need to have the leather re-stiched to my sole on my combats soon.

i'll find out, i think it just says shoe repair

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Augusta boots, fit perfectly, but it takes me ten minutes to put my foot into them because the bottom of the shaft is so narrow

I hate lace-ups!!!

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so farfetch officially refunded me my order for these Ann boots I bought but customs owned me, since I know quality surpasses most brands out there ive been considering these guidi which I absolutely love.

guidi1.jpg

guidi3.jpg

guidi4.jpg

anyone know what model # they are? I think this is reverse horse.

wanted the Ann boots cuz it was a non reverse leather, and I liked how you could fold the top, but thats kinda girly anyways.

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guidi is always insanely nice, and I think the quality of the ann boots arent as great, the sole is a bit ugly, and I dunno bout eyelets kinda cheap looking.

I'll go to NYC and decide I guess, I'll see how much a atelier order will cost

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads