• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

esoxm

Reaction score

I know I'm spending too much time on this site when I look at the sole of a shoe and get excited, but this looks really intriguing. I always topy my leather-soled shoes and have contemplated the integrated metal toe tap. I've got two pretty good cobblers here in downtown Pgh but neither has suggested anything like this. I think I'm going to show them this pic and get their thoughts.

A co-worker from Paris has this set up on all his shoes- from what he said its a pretty common treatment there. I've looked into having Bnelson do it for a few of my newish pairs, just haven't gotten around to sending them in.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score
Hey Guys - wearing my LS Choco Suede tankers today for the first time, and I feel like they need some additional contrast?

Any of you add tan colored laces or anything similar?

Cheers,
BN

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Guys - wearing my LS Choco Suede tankers today for the first time, and I feel like they need some additional contrast?

Cheers,
BN

BN, I've purchased tan colored laces from LS and planning to try these with Chocos. I think this combo will look great with denim.

I might do it tonight and post some pics.

Last edited:

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score

Cheers,
BN

I thought the same way with the LWBs I just posted. They came with matching laces so I emailed the shop and they promptly sent me two dark brown pair for free. Great service! I also ordered a purple pair from Amazon for when I'm feeling extra saucy
lookaround.gif

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BN, I've purchased tan colored laces from LS and planning to try these with Chocos. I think this combo will look great with denim.

Please don't. I am trying really hard not to buy a 4th Alden NST boot. Every picture of the Chocos breaks me down a little more.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please don't.  I am trying really hard not to buy a 4th Alden NST boot.  Every picture of the Chocos breaks me down a little more.

hahaha, as some mentioned before, don't ever change! I'll use spoiler tags ;)

shoetree

Reaction score

Thanks! Still all really nice! Anyone have any advise on the sole? saw someone who did this and it looks interesting, though i don't know if its necessary.
I know I'm spending too much time on this site when I look at the sole of a shoe and get excited, but this looks really intriguing. I always topy my leather-soled shoes and have contemplated the integrated metal toe tap. I've got two pretty good cobblers here in downtown Pgh but neither has suggested anything like this. I think I'm going to show them this pic and get their thoughts.
A co-worker from Paris has this set up on all his shoes- from what he said its a pretty common treatment there. I've looked into having Bnelson do it for a few of my newish pairs, just haven't gotten around to sending them in.
Had this done at B Nelson. Excellent work.

rosslovethreads

Reaction score
What do you guys do about tongue twist? Like when it falls to the side naturally on boots?

I never noticed before I got my Indys, but my #8 PCT boots have this issue. I'm not willing to sew it down or anything drastic like that, just wondering if anyone has found another solution.

breck81

Reaction score

What do you guys do about tongue twist? Like when it falls to the side naturally on boots?

I never noticed before I got my Indys, but my #8 PCT boots have this issue. I'm not willing to sew it down or anything drastic like that, just wondering if anyone has found another solution.

This isn't advice or help, but all my Alden left boots do this. Never the right one. Very strange. I worried about it at first but now it's just how it goes.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

Yes, this is pretty much what I was thinking it needed - tan to match the stitching

rosslovethreads

Reaction score

This isn't advice or help, but all my Alden left boots do this. Never the right one. Very strange. I worried about it at first but now it's just how it goes.

Yeah it really isn't even a big issue. After having the luxury of my Indy boots being perfectly straight... I've been spoiled.

breck81

Reaction score

Yeah it really isn't even a big issue. After having the luxury of my Indy boots being perfectly straight... I've been spoiled.

The non shell boots are more noticeable. The shell ones don't seem to shift like the others. The left tongue on my Natty Cxl Indy's is very shifted. But it's ok. I wear those hard.

On a side note, when the tongue shifts, my socks show through. I like fun socks so it's an added bonus.

Last edited:

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This happened to the left boot of my cigar captoes boots on the grant last. I had a cobbler sew down one side of the tongue. Easy and cheap fix. Also @englade321 made some tongue holders out of leather here http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/64280_40#post_6690429 to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads