• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And our running joke spreads to anyone else that enters Sherman Bros.

Nice guys, but they're misinformed. They have a 20-year old stack of hand-written cards that they pulled out and showed me (and Ben when he went in too apparently) that was supposedly people waiting for rare shell.

Things have really changed since the MTO days (before I was buying Alden)!

I was (failing
censored.gif
) at getting around all the st pattys parade **** on sunday and had sherman on BT in the car. my GF, bless her little knowledge of alden having heart, was enjoying the conversation.

chrisefi

Reaction score

Didn't really know if I could get into black shell, especially in a PT boot. But holy crap these are great.

These are killer! Your boot game is on point anymore. These or the Black Leffot Naval boots are going to have to be my first black shell boot.

I wouldn't even feel right spoilering these. Amazing, DV! Easily in my Top 3 Alden makeups. Lawn is looking pretty healthy as always!

4-6months to wait for the naval boots,life is hard
baldy[1].gif

I'm right there with you! If I had to guess, I'd say on the high-end of that too. I'm not expecting them until September. If they surprise us earlier, that's fine too!

I always assumed he had a hover board or a jet pack based off his creaseless shoes/boots.

Hahaha, I often wonder whether he has a full time shoe-shiner who carries a deer bone and horsehair brushes to Mike Method them every 20 yards.

chrisefi

Reaction score
I was (failing
censored.gif
) at getting around all the st pattys parade **** on sunday and had sherman on BT in the car. my GF, bless her little knowledge of alden having heart, was enjoying the conversation.

Traffic was killer in the city Sunday if you were going to that location. There's also an Ardmore location and I think another one in Montgomeryville? I'm only 10 minutes from the Ardmore location. It's convenient if I need Leather Defender, etc.

Haha, is it bad that your GF probably knew more about exotic Alden shell than the shoe store on speaker?

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Traffic was killer in the city Sunday if you were going to that location. There's also an Ardmore location and I think another one in Montgomeryville? I'm only 10 minutes from the Ardmore location. It's convenient if I need Leather Defender, etc.

Haha, is it bad that your GF probably knew more about exotic Alden shell than the shoe store on speaker?

yeah I was at the westin, walked by their nearby shop but always after hours.

and sadly, yes, my gf is growing tired of "whiskey and ravello this and that"..

first pair of vibergs showed up the other day, as I was picking her up at the airport. she was not amused when I kept pulling up a pic on my phone of the 'bergs
rotflmao.gif

chrisefi

Reaction score
yeah I was at the westin, walked by their nearby shop but always after hours.

and sadly, yes, my gf is growing tired of "whiskey and ravello this and that"..

first pair of vibergs showed up the other day, as I was picking her up at the airport. she was not amused when I kept pulling up a pic on my phone of the 'bergs
rotflmao.gif

Hahahaha, mine too. She loves anything Ravello that isn't an "old mans shoe" (which to her changes each time you ask), loves Alden boots but hates when I talk about Alden for more than 60 seconds or so. Yet she's the biggest enabler outside of @tifosi and @BenLeaman .

I want a pair of Brandy service boots so bad! What "bergs" did you pick up, haha? *slight thread-jacking*

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, mine too. She loves anything Ravello that isn't an "old mans shoe" (which to her changes each time you ask), loves Alden boots but hates when I talk about Alden for more than 60 seconds or so. Yet she's the biggest enabler outside of @tifosi and @BenLeaman .

I want a pair of Brandy service boots so bad! What "bergs" did you pick up, haha? *slight thread-jacking*

just some lowly natty cxl from the last styleforum gmto. slowing dipping into viberg before I attempt their shell offerings.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Hahahaha, mine too.  She loves anything Ravello that isn't an "old mans shoe" (which to her changes each time you ask), loves Alden boots but hates when I talk about Alden for more than 60 seconds or so.  Yet she's the biggest enabler outside of @tifosi
 and @BenLeaman

I want a pair of Brandy service boots so bad!  What "bergs" did you pick up, haha?  *slight thread-jacking*

My wife just gets mad when I bring up Aldens. But to be fair I did give her a good reason. For Sherman, just send them my 2014 purchase list...

-Mike

Bbombers85

Reaction score
Might've been mentioned already, but got a nice email back from Context. Looking forward to their follow-up.

It is our intention to order this batch of Tankers with antique edge.
We appreciate your concern, and because of the number of emails inquiring about the edge color we have reached out to Alden directly for confirmation.

We will follow up with you immediately upon hearing back from them.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

We tried a new style for our tassel loafers. Aberdeen last. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

schmallo15

Reaction score

My wife just gets mad when I bring up Aldens. But to be fair I did give her a good reason. For Sherman, just send them my 2014 purchase list...

-Mike

I don't talk shoes with the wife. Saves me some trouble.

Might've been mentioned already, but got a nice email back from Context. Looking forward to their follow-up.

It is our intention to order this batch of Tankers with antique edge.
We appreciate your concern, and because of the number of emails inquiring about the edge color we have reached out to Alden directly for confirmation.

We will follow up with you immediately upon hearing back from them.

Good stuff. They only reference edge here. So does that mean the welt stays black?

Looking forward to hearing back on this (but I'm in regardless of welt/edge coloring)

walds11

Reaction score

Traffic was killer in the city Sunday if you were going to that location.  There's also an Ardmore location and I think another one in Montgomeryville?  I'm only 10 minutes from the Ardmore location.  It's convenient if I need Leather Defender, etc.

Sherman Brothers has 3 locations...Philly, Haverford and Montgomeryville. I am about 15 minutes from the Montgomeryville location. Ken runs the Haverford store, Mike runs the Montgomeryville store and I am not sure who runs the Philly store, never been to that location.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
I ordered these Milkshake Suede LWBs from Alden San Francisco about a month ago, with the weather finally turning nice here in MD I decided to wear them for the first time today.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Still all really nice! Anyone have any advise on the sole? saw someone who did this and it looks interesting, though i don't know if its necessary.
I know I'm spending too much time on this site when I look at the sole of a shoe and get excited, but this looks really intriguing. I always topy my leather-soled shoes and have contemplated the integrated metal toe tap. I've got two pretty good cobblers here in downtown Pgh but neither has suggested anything like this. I think I'm going to show them this pic and get their thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads