• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chewbocka

Reaction score
Has anyone had shell that begins to hurt their feet after prolonged use? After a year or so of wearing shell Aldens 3 times a week my feet have either grown or my 9D barries have always been too small and are only now starting to be uncomfortable in the toe box area.

My 9D trubalance Indys seem to be perfectly sized so I'm thinking I might need a 9E barrie. Then again the Indy is CXL so it might be softer with more wiggle room.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone had shell that begins to hurt their feet after prolonged use? After a year or so of wearing shell Aldens 3 times a week my feet have either grown or my 9D barries have always been too small and are only now starting to be uncomfortable in the toe box area.

My 9D trubalance Indys seem to be perfectly sized so I'm thinking I might need a 9E barrie. Then again the Indy is CXL so it might be softer with more wiggle room.

Dumb question coming but have you upgraded socks? I have as my shoe buying has increased and some prior perfect fitting shoes are now snug...no pain though.

Also my foot grew, expanded got fatter..whatever as I hit around 27 to 30 years old...so foot expansion is possible....

Last edited:

breck81

Reaction score
Got my Frans Boone Suede/Chamois Saddles. Im in love with the aesthetics and durability of the leathers. So good.

zbix

Reaction score
@chewbocka @Kahuna75 Are you a runner? It's fairly common to hear about guys having their feet become wider and flatter due to running.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Happily joining the Greenwich crew today with these reverse chamois that arrived from the market. A little preview into the future for the guys who just got new pairs. I brushed them up a bit and will clean up the edges with some AEdressing tonight, also maybe throw on some flat waxed laces. I love these boots and have now crossed off 2 of my 2015 wants. The Leffot Dover preorder being the other so far.
These look great! I have a pair of reverse chamois Indy boots that I never wear but seeing the pictures of the reverse chamois well broken in is making me want to change that.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
You wouldn't happen to be an 11D would you? Been debating those and then they disappeared.

breck81

Reaction score

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to be an 11D would you? Been debating those and then they disappeared.
In these I was. I usually go 10.5E, but they only had D so I went 11D. The fit is actually great! Not to rub it in;)

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@chewbocka @Kahuna75 Are you a runner? It's fairly common to hear about guys having their feet become wider and flatter due to running.

My foot actually went from size 11 at age 17 to size 13 by age 30....in my twenties I played a ton of basketball and jogged regular probably up to age 27....since age 30 I have done none of those but I am pretty sure my weight gain has helped keep my feet expanded :)

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Out of all the sizes left. Ha. Its ok. Just with the Euro so low its very tempting. Guess I'll just have to keep my natural shell now.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Frans Boone Suede/Chamois Saddles. Im in love with the aesthetics and durability of the leathers. So good.
Nice shoes but love that you have skis and a board at work. Is that your profession or does everyone WY have gear handy?
biggrin.gif

thromb

Reaction score

Great looking saddles breck! Ive been eyeing those for a while and the favorable exchange rates are about to make me pull the trigger...

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brek, great looking shoe! The eyelets look like they are right on top of each other though. Is the fit good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads