• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been enjoying all the recent pics, and the new drops from various shops. esp the boots. It's all reinforced my decision to wait for the Epaulet Natural CXL Longwings (Leydon last) in the spring. Missed them in the summer and keep returning to them in my head. A good sign.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, first post here. Just recently started getting into fashion at all, and when looking for my first pair of boots I fell in love with the chromexcel Indys:

Apologies for the crappy iphone pictures. Haven't been able to find the charger for my real camera since I moved recently.

On the topic of the Chromexcel Indy, does anyone have care suggestions? It seems that Horween suggests neatsfoot oil and that's it. Sound about right?

After I picked these up and loved them I started surfing ebay for deals to replace my dress shoes, and started with the 2145 color 8 cap toe on the Aberdeen last:

They seem to be in quite excellent condition, but given that they're used I don't know how they were cared for. They were well shined out of the box but when I tried to apply the Mac Method after a couple of wearings, using a new although cheap Kiwi horsehair brush and an old white Tee for buffing (not optimal, but I don't really have anything softer at the moment), I found that for some reason the left shoe shined up well but the right became more dull and wouldn't shine up no matter how much I buffed. Do I just need to brush more, or is it possible that the previous owner applied too much wax or something like that?

You can see a bit what I'm talking about in this pic:

Notice the right shoe is not nearly as shiny as the left.

In spite of that bit of oddness I love the shoes and already managed to find their counterparts in black (the 2146) on eBay for the same price, so those are currently in transit as well. Going from 0 pairs of any decent shoe to 3 Alden's in a month :p.

Hello and congrats on your purchases. For the Indy Saphir Renovateur, Neats Foot oil or even Clear Paste Polish in limited amounts should work.

Brush and T-Shirt work for me. I try to keep the threads on the Indy white so I use a different brush for those boots so as not to transfer color. T-Shirt for rubbing and buffing around the threads seams to work.

For the shoe....well that happens somethime. Try a VERY LITTLE water and more and more brushing and buffing. Or get some Saphir Renovateur. :)

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my first (and certainly not last) pair of Indy's today from Leffot. Man these boots are great and real comfortable.
Indy Boot Natural Chromexcel w/ Commando Soles :slayer:

NICE!

As for LS being bashed, Tom is top notch and will always be my first choice to purchase Alden's. :slayer:

JPFNY5

Reaction score
NICE!
As for LS being bashed, Tom is top notch and will always be my first choice to purchase Alden's.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I agree 100%. Tom, Takuya, and Bryan in BH are TOP NOTCH !!!!!! I also do not agree with past comments about Leffot..Steven is TOP NOTCH as well !!!!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a2w0ax.jpg

color 8 nst saddle
argyles otc

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Just a note: those Tres Bien Indy's are on a Barrie last in an E fitting; I just e-mailed Tres Bien as to their ambiguous description of them. I was hoping to pick up their Snuff Suede indys but no luck

mugatu

Reaction score

Just a note: those Tres Bien Indy's are on a Barrie last in an E fitting; I just e-mailed Tres Bien as to their ambiguous description of them. I was hoping to pick up their Snuff Suede indys but no luck

.. same here, like i said they dropped the ball on those..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads