• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cezinho

Reaction score
4060 today

D8832D31-F56F-4ACD-8B66-175C15490BE9.jpg

NewYawker

Reaction score
Not sure if this impacts you, but Alden DC had several D and E widths available for a little over $100 off on Natty and Navy CXL lwbs.

Thanks for the psa dubs. I have made a bunch of purchases recently so I am on a little break. Great pickup though!

CEE88

Reaction score
I noticed Context has restocked their Roy Boot. Here's mine, which I purchased several years ago, fresh from a family hike this morning:

BenLeaman

Reaction score

Ha Thanks! The capital is still here so it is all good! :) Only a few more days till I get to go home! Thanks Reppie! :)

Are you still down there on Tuesday? I was thinking about coming down and picking up those black grant Indys that Kathy has set back for me.

CEE88

Reaction score

Walked into Alden DC carrying my Color 8 Perf Tip Balmorals and wearing Color 8 LHSes. Walked out wearing Natty CXL LWBs. This is the first time I have bought and wore the shoes out of the store.

The Perf Tips need a new heel and the LHSes are getting a new finishing only.

-Mike

Those LWBs are fantastic. I used to dislike natty CXL but now I am pretty sure it will be my next scoop. I wish I had gotten Unionmade's NST boot.

Will Alden replace just a heel or do you have to recraft the whole shoe?

Great casual shoe Mike. Debating a pair of these still myself.

Agreed.  Natty cxl is such an amazing leather.  I think the natty ptb is one of aldens best casual offerings.  On my want list for sure.

One of my favorite LWBs Mike, congrats!  I'm a little surprised as I was under the impression that Alden DC's Natty chrmxl Lwbs came with a natural welt.  I got mine from TSM to avoid the natural welt.  Enjoy those chrmxl beaters; they can handle it with grace!
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I recently picked up a natty CXL LWB too, from Winn Perry: same antique edge but with commando sole and metal eyelets (painted brown). Absolutely love how natural chromexcel looks as a longwing: details of the shoe really pop.

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this impacts you, but Alden DC had several D and E widths available for a little over $100 off on Natty and Navy CXL lwbs.

I can see the temptation there. Wish my natural shell LWB would hurry up to remove the desire for the cxl.

Any idea what sizes were left?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Are you still down there on Tuesday? I was thinking about coming down and picking up those black grant Indys that Kathy has set back for me.

I will still be here Ben. I can probably get there around 5ish if you wanted to meet there. I am running out of shoes to leave there though! I also left my Whiskey PTBs there yesterday as they need some work.

-M

Last edited:

CTYGGG

Reaction score

Nothing special just my go to gear, grey EP flannel and Leffot #8 NST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads